What a wonderful afternoon spent in the Royal lounge having afternoon tea at The Rubens at the Palace Hotel recently! My good friend and I love spending a day in London either shopping or sight seeing finishing with a lunch, afternoon tea or dinner before saying goodbye at Victoria to head home. This time we chose to have a champagne afternoon tea overlooking the Buckingham Palace Mews. And what a perfect choice! From the moment we arrived at the hotel and greeted warmly by the doorman and concierge, we knew that we had made the right choice and were going to be looked after. We were shown to our table overlooking the mews, it had been chosen carefully for us not to be directly in the warm summer sun through the window. There was a lovely selection of teas and we chose the Signature Earl grey with Lavender. Then the freshly prepared afternoon tea arrived and what a spread. Delicious white and brown bread finger sandwiches, scones with strawberry preserve and clotted cream and a mouth watering selection of cakes. The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful without any hint of us being hurried. We were able to relax, chat endlessly, savour and enjoy the afternoon tea. The champagne was chilled to perfection and delicious.
Thank you to everyone involved in giving us both such a lovely afternoon. It was a delightful experience and we will definitely come again.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK and DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace