“lovely hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kent, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Took my ten year old daugher to rubens hotel for treat, the staff were very frienydly and the room just perfect, right next door to buckingham place, victoria station 10 mins walk away, st james park 5 mins walk, great location .stayed 2010

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (875)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel is located perfectly, really close to Buckingham Palace and to Victoria station. The staff was incredible friendly and very courteous. For London the room was quite large with a really comfortable bed. Breakfast was very nice and lots of staff taking care of the guests. I can definitely recommend the hotel and would stay there again and again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Llanelli
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I don't think I will ever stay anywhere else when I'm in London!!! The porters had our luggage in reception before we'd even paid the taxi, such is the attentiveness of the staff.
The decor of the hotel is luxurious, all the public areas are a joy to sit in.
We stayed for the weekend and ate in the hotel every night. The food is gorgeous! I could quite easily have stayed inside the hotel for the whole time we were in London, it is such a welcoming and comfortable place!
The staff are amazing!!! Steve Jones and Christopher in the bar deserve a mention for keeping the champagne flowing; Joanne and Paula were friendly and welcoming.....every member of staff deserves a well done as they made us feel wonderful and nothing was too much trouble.
A special mention has to go to Marta, I've said it previously and I'll say it again...every hotel should have a Marta. Highly efficient, super welcoming, genuinely warm and interested in making our stay special. My little girl literally thinks she's the BEST!!!!
Our room was spotless, the beds were comfy, the decor great.
Breakfast was delicious and even though the hotel was full, it was a thoroughly organised affair. The staff are incredibly hard working and I hope they know that as guests we recognised that fact and that we were appreciative of their hard work to make our stay so lovely.
Will be back for a night in December to see the Christmas Rubens - I can't wait. So much so that we'd booked before we'd arrived home!
Thank you everyone!

4 Thank roe184
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We booked our vacation through Costco and The Rubens at the Palace was the option we chose based on location. I'm so glad we did. This hotel is right across from Buckingham Palace and within walking distance to many many things. This was an absolutely great location. We purchased our tours ahead of our vacation, if we were to do it again, we would just leverage he hotel concierge as we used Golden Tours and regret it immensely. (You can read that review).

A few things: walking distance to Victoria to get our tickets for tours each day. We walked to Piccadilly Circus, Ronnie Scotts Jazz Club, all around and through the parks as well as to Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and that entire area. Waking around the city is very easy, but do note the crowds are LARGE. The food around the hotel is really not great, its expensive and targets the tourist. Its unfortunate, but I'm sure it is that way in any city.

For the hotel: We had afternoon tea one day and it was an experience all in its own. We were o happy we decided to do that. Our 11 year old enjoyed it as well. There was enough food to hold us to s small bite later that evening. We also ate at the hotel one night and I have to say the food was really great. They accommodate various diets including vegetarian. The night we ate they had a cheese and pea risotto that my daughter and I are still talking about-truly great. Each night the hotel left goodies on the pillow along with still or sparking water, nice touch. They were prompt on their wake up calls and everyone on staff was very friendly and accommodating during our stay. When we arrived they took our daughter and gave her a booklet of things to do for kids, again, nice touch. Finally-the breakfast was GREAT. They offered the same food each day but due to the variety of things, it works out just great. They have cheeses, breads, pastries, eggs (made to your choice), salmon, fruit, juices, coffees, teas, water, yogurt and more.

This hotel added to our enjoyment for our first visit to London. I would recommend it to anyone! Great lotion, excellent staff and accommodations. Top Notch!!

Room Tip: A room with a view to the palace would be best, but I would venture to say that even without, you wi...
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

From the moment we stepped through the door we were greeted by such friendly helpful staff nothing was too much trouble for the staff at this lovely hotel. Reception staff were very helpful and courteous as were the concierge staff if you needed to know any information regarding directions catching a bus or where the nearest tube station was etc. they spent time with you showing you an a map exactly where you needed to go. The room was decorated lovely with toiletries in the bathroom and robes.
The hotel is situated just around the corner from Buckingham palace and a short ten minute walk from Victoria coach station this hotel it is situated in the ideal spot to do plenty sightseeing.
We visited Buckingham palace ,the guards museum the London eye, big ben, the river Thames, Trafalgar square and a lot more all on foot!
Breakfast at the hotel you were again greeted by friendly staff very relaxed atmosphere had a wide choice of cereal to choose from , full cooked English breakfast, a wide range of fruit and Danish pastries and unlimited tea and coffee all in beautiful surroundings.
We would certainly go back to this hotel again

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel is literally across the street from Buckingham Palace. I was visiting on business, but it is in a great location for siteseeing!
The staff at this hotel was great. Upon arrival they upgraded my room. A few minutes after I arrived in the room the front desk called to make sure the room was OK and to see if I needed anything. I really appreciated this.
The room was clean. It also had an in room temperature control. The windows do not open. My one criticism would be that the rooms are very small. I ordered room service and when they arrived there wasn't a place in the room that I could stand that was enough out of the way for the bellhop to bring the tray into the room.
Breakfast was a buffet, but it was very good. I also noticed that the doormen and the people at the front desk remembered me and greeted me when I came in and out of the hotel.
It was a very good stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank copperseven
uk
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived having booked last minute for a one night stay.

The welcome, check in, service was quite outstanding.

We were on a b&b package. The dining room was stunning as was the breakfast a vast selection and a fine display and impeccable service. One of the nicest buffets and seamless service teams I've experienced, well done.

We had a problem during our stay and it has to be said how professionally it was dealt with. It showed catagoricalky how seriously they care and it's a rarity to find a company these days who are prepared to recognise a problem and go the extra mile .

The bar service and food was outstanding and attentive.

We will be using this Company Carnation Hotels again when we
Visit London.

Thank you especially Joanne and The Front Desk Team. Your professionalism and care was very much appreciated indeed.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple