“Wonderful Place to Stay in London”

The Rubens at the Palace
Ranked #73 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Douglasville, Georgia
“Wonderful Place to Stay in London”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I found The Rubens online, read the reviews, and contacted the hotel manager, Malcolm for assistance with booking our trip. We arrived in London at the beginning of our trip, then left for 5 days before returning to London to complete our vacation. Malcolm was amazing at arranging multiple rooms for us, transportation from the airport, and holding part of our luggage while we traveled to other countries. His attention to detail and quick responses to my 10 separate emails was very impressive. The hotel was lovely and our rooms were clean. The location was impeccable. We were directly across the street from the Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace, just a short walk to Victoria Station, and one of the stops on the Red Bus tour. The staff was overly attentive and made all of us feel so welcome every time we set foot in the door. The doorman was one of the best parts of our trip. He was so friendly and helpful each day and asked us everyday about our activities. Malcolm the hotel manager even arranged a cupcake decorating session for my daughter. The full English breakfast each morning was wonderful as well. We will definitely go back to London and visit the Rubens again. It also made me very interested in trying some of the other Red Carnation Hotels. Thanks again to the staff at The Rubens for making our holiday spectacular!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kampmorgj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (893)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Maryland
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I took our 8 and 10 year old granddaughters to London and we stayed at the Rubens for 8 nights. We had stayed there in May and decided this would be the best hotel to use to show our granddaughters all the sights in London. Several of the staff recognized us and we were warmly welcomed back. The hotel had a lovely plate of brownies waiting for the girls with a special birthday wish on them. They also received a packet of things to do when we checked in. A delicious box of cookies and milk for our grandaughters was also sent to our room each night. Our stay was perfect and all the staff were most helpful, especially Paula. A special thank you to her for her assistance. As other reviewers have mentioned, the rooms are great and the location perfect for walking or taking the tube or bus. I highly recommend the Rubens for a great stay in London.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MarylandAmerican
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here before a transfer to my cruise.
It was only for one night but it was fortunate that Buckingham Palace and the Mews was so close.
The High Tea was amazing and I would fully recommend it to anyone wishing to sample an English Tea .
The staff was very helpful with any thing you would need.

• Stayed July 2014
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We spent a week at the Rubens, and found it to be a wonderful stay. The staff is friendly, and very helpful in planning our days touring London. The location is perfect, making it very easy to make our way around the city. We found the room to be spacious with a view of Buckingham Palace, and very comfortable. The restaurant was very good too and the bar area nice for a nightcap. I would stay here again, if ever in London, and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Our room had a view of the side gate to the palace.It was quiet, but fun to watch people coming and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Cupertino, California
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just came back from a terrific stay at The Rubens at the Palace Hotel. We booked the hotel on the Internet and were very pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. We were researching hotels in the area and the proximity to so many London destinations was key. We were able to walk everywhere from The Tower of London all the way to Kensington Palace. The staff of the hotel were so accommodating. I emailed the management that it was a special anniversary for us and we were welcomed and acknowledged by many of the attentive staff. We stayed in a very lovely room. It was quiet and comfortable. There was ample space. The guest services manager was so friendly and warm. The Concierge, the front desk clerks and bell staff were very helpful. I would definitely recommend The Rubens. Sadly we did not eat in any of the restaurants as we were out from at meal times.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Llanelli
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I was recently introduced to The Rubens by my daughter. When in London I usually stay at Claridges, The Mayfair or what was then known as The Hyde Park Hotel in Knightsbridge. I must say I was most impressed. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful even after a long day's work. Nothing seems too much trouble for them. I must mention Steve Jones and Christopher in the bar, Paula and Joanna in reception and of course Marta who is wonderful. I hope she is not head hunted. Her efficiency, friendliness and attention to detail is second to none. Well done and thanks Marta. The room was spotless and light. I could have spent all day in the lounge looking at the comings and goings at Buckingham Palace. We ate in the bar as we are not big eaters and the food was lovely. Had a look at the two restaurants and they are charming. Breakfast was good. Am looking forward to a return visit near Christmas.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Took my ten year old daugher to rubens hotel for treat, the staff were very frienydly and the room just perfect, right next door to buckingham place, victoria station 10 mins walk away, st james park 5 mins walk, great location .stayed 2010

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family