The Rubens consistently provides a highly professional, efficient, and friendly standard of service, within a comfortable environment in a very convenient location. We normally visit at least once a year, but in this case it was eighteen months since the last time. Very pleased to find that everything is just the same. We had afternoon tea in the lounge which was very good, and a meal in their bBar restaurant next door, also very good. The location could not be better with very easy access to rail, tube, buses and taxis, plus many facilities including shops, pubs and restaurants, not to mention St James's Park, within short walking distance. The hotel is rated as 4-star, but the service is 5-star. I am surprised that the Ruben's TA is not even higher, but perhaps because the rooms are not huge (though very well applied). and the decor and ambience is very traditional, which may not be everyone's preference these days. The Rubens is nevertheless part of a hotel group which on TA is the highest rated of all in London, and it shows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace