We arrived to the hotel and were advised that we were staying in the Royal Wing! Sounded great. THAT was the highlight!
Our faces dropped as we were brought through the dated, mirrored corridor to our room. (they refer to this as an exclusive wing!) We were then brought to our room which was shabby, dark and overdecorated. Later on that evening we asked if it was possible to move. The staff kindly moved us to another room - it was going to be smaller but we thought it couldn't be as bad as the room we had left. And it was. There was just enough space to move around the room. The decor was hideous. They have mirrored walls in the rooms and bathrooms to give an illusion of space - instead they reflect the poor decor.
This is what I would imagine a 2 star hotel looks like.
We left the hotel after one night and found a nicer hotel for a much reduced rate at an even better location. Shop around. You will find much better.
On a good note - the staff were exceptionally helpful & friendly. They helped us to move rooms. We were charged for our one night stay only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace