Very good hotel indeed in excellent location just 3mins walk from Victoria train station. Helpful, friendly, unpretentious staff. Superior double room (239) good size, but cluttered with unnecessary bulky furniture. Also decor a bit too pink. Wonderfully huge kingsize bed with billowy duvet and 6 feather pillows. Toilet lit by blue lights during the night so no fumbling around in the dark, stroking the walls trying to find light switches - stayed in numerous hotels throughout the world and this is the first time I've seen this. Very clever. Library restaurant better than expected - far more informal and relaxed than it looked - with good food and good attentive service. Corridors, lifts, etc., slightly shabby, hence the 4 star instead of 5 star rating. Would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace