4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
US$282
View deal
Destinia.comUS$283
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
8,985 results
All reviews regents park great portland street dry martini level room oxford street an upgrade tube station mini bar rooms are small lounge concierge euston doorman theatre
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Stayed early January and took the Level option. The reception area is large and well appointed. It looks modern although the rest of the hotel is just a little bit tired with the dark wood making it look a little dated. I do understand that refurbishemnt i splanned though. Not absolutley certain that our room warranted the premium as it was small. This may be because we wanted an adapted room and they may not be available in the Level category. The Level lounge although similarly dated in looks was fine and delivered what it said it would. Service levels in the hotel were fine with no complaints. Staff were very keen and the loung was kept tidy at all times.
With regard to parking it must be recognised that this is Central London and is at a premium. The Hotel is in the Borough of Camden. There is no congestion charge on its side of the Marylebone Road and this may put a further premium on traffic. After 6pm On street parking is free and this continues through Sat and Sun. Advice is to arrive at around 4 pay for the 2 hours max and then you have parking if you find a place. Just make certain that you do not use a residents place. For those not taking advantage of the level then very close by on Park Crescent and Great Portland Street are local branches of tesco and sainsbury as well as plenty of coffee shops and pubs. 20 min walk to Oxford Circus and proximity of tube line makes this a good location.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Melia W, Guest Relations Manager at Melia White House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave such warm feedback of your recent stay at the Melia White House Hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service and breakfast options during your stay and it will be a pleasure to share your kind feedback with the rest of the team in the Melia White House hotel. We look forward to welcoming you on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I have stayed in a number of hotels in London for business but the Melia White House is definitely the best hotel I've been to. Fantastic rooms and the best ever unlimited choice for breakfast. My room was amazing, spacious, very comfortable large bed (enough room for 4 people!!!) I was spoilt for choice for breakfast, everything you could think of was available.

Room tip: 2 minute walk from Great Portland Street tube station, convenient for everything.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank Gareth J
Melia W, Manager at Melia White House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

I would like to thank you for your kind appreciation, expeciallly about our service. Our location is unique, everything is at walking distance.
we truly appreciate your comments about the comfort of the room and our breakfast and the opportunity to constantly improve our offer.
I am looking forward to seeing during your next visit .

Reviewed 10 January 2013

To be honest I think is a nice hotel, in specifci we staid at the executives level, which is a good solution with lobby, breakfast and tea room dedidacated for the floor.

Rooms were big, bathrooms ok, cleaningness so so, quite a lot of dust.

To be honest was fine all around, even the location is fine, just in front of a metro.
However you do not get the feeling of a 4 star hotel.

Room tip: Executive Level better than others
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Francy72
Melia W, Manager at Melia White House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I am sorry your stay was not more enjoyable,your comments help us to continue improving our services.

I am confident we can reassure you of our normally high standards on a future visit.

We remain at your complete disposal

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I'm afraid this is one of those hotels where the lobby is 100 times nicer than the rooms! My room was very basic, with a shower over the bath. The shower was almost in a recess, which made it very dark. Avoid.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank MelanieW73
Melia W, Guest Relations Manager at Melia White House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear Melanie W,
we are sorry to see that you haven't enjoyed our Hotel room, however if you are coming back to London soon we invite you to visit melia.com and, by getting the best rate available, you can try a Superior Room type instead of the room you had in occasion of your last stay which we see did not meet your expectations.
We are sure that if you try our facilities again, together with the passioned customer service that we constantly provide our clients, you won't be disappointed again.

We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We stayed here from boxing day for a few nights and the hotel itself was really nice.The rooms are very small and so I would recommend upgrading to a larger room if you can.
The hotel facilities, location and layout are3 great and I would recommend it for those reasons. The problems I experienced were with the lack of information the staff seemed to have and the overall customer service.
Everyone I encountered was polite but just didn't seem very interested in making my stay enjoyable. We drove to the hotel and on arrival asked where we were to park, the Concierge gave us a blank look and then finally directed us to a closed car park!
We had called in advance to request a twin bedded room which they said was fine but this had not been added to our reservation and there was no record of this on arrival. The lady on front desk tried to accommodate this whilst also trying to get us to upgrade and sign up for the Melia loyalty programme at the same time. Which meant check in at &pm on boxing day took around 25minutes. We agreed to the upgrade having read the trip advisor reviews which recommended this but then after 20 minutes she advised us that there were no twin bedded larger rooms available. I explained in detail that 2 seperate beds were needed as I was travelling with my Dadand eventually we checked in and had to wait a furter 10minutes for the room to be set up. No compensation was offered for this delay.
When we finally made it to the room there were 2 single beds pushed firmly together with no way of separating them, we left the stuff in the room and complained on the way out for dinner. We were told that nothing could be done about this and again no compensation was offered.
Some people would find this hotel a little far off the beaten track but I know london quite well and its just a 10 minute walk to oxford st and 20 minutes to the theatre district. London Zoo is right on your doorstep with this hotel and there is a tube station outside.
I wouldn't choose to return due to the poor customer service but it is a great location and we may have just caught them at a bad time so you never know.

Room tip: Go for a larger room if there is more than 1 of you.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor following you recent stay at the Melia White House Hotel. We obviously disappointed with your feedback about the service, as we simply want to be perfect for all of our guests and very keen when guests leave the hotel with warm memories. Please contact us directly at the email guest.experience.london@melia.com when you wish to make a new booking. This will give us the opportunity to take care of your reservation personally.