“Excellet!”

Ranked #286 of 1,088 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Excellet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed in a classic room for nearly a week at Melia White.

Great location, within walking distance of several tube stations, very comfortable and clean rooms. I paid a reasonable price for the stay. Extremely happy with the polite, friendly and helpful staff (especially house keeping and room service!).

Would highly recommend this hotel. Although, there is the occasional ambulance sound at night (as there are several hospitals/ teaching hospitals near the neighbourhood). Nonetheless, a very pleasant stay.

Also tried their Spanish restaurant downstairs - very good food for reasonable price. Deserves a try!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Melia W, Guest Relations Manager at Melia White House, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to share your impressions about your recent stay at Melia White House.

We are pleased to hear that you totally enjoyed your holiday. Moreover, we are glad that you were satisfied with cleaning service, our gastronomy through Room Service and our Spanish Restaurant and also with the service of our staff.

We always looking forward to Welcome you again !

Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (675)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Excellent service, friendly staff, elegant atmosphere, nice design, comfortable stay in well sized room, good location near central London. The bar was very well managed and equipped and the staff always happy to help.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

First of all, thank you for taking your valuable time to write your opinion about your last vacation at the Melia White House.

We are pleased that you were satisfied with the service of our personal, our gastronomy and also with the bar service. Moreover, we are very glad that you totally have enjoyed your wholte stay with us.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you here as guests again.

Regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

...for a day. From the minute I arrived to the minute I checked out the staff made me feel like royalty. I'm normally not too bothered about how the check in is as long as it's quick, but the guys on the reception in the Melia White House has made me see the light. I'll even forgive them for putting Ms rather than Mr on my booking confirmation.

The whole experience was great. The bed was so comfortable that I allowed myself an extra half an hour in bed. I was planning to just grab a very quick breakfast to compensate for the long lay in, but 'unfortunately' the breakfast was so good that that was not an option.

I'll definitely be back.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review about our hotel in your recent stay.

I was delighted to read your comments despite of the small mistake committed upon arrival.

We wish to receive your visit in the near future here or to any of our establishments of our Chain, Meliá Hotels International. If you need any information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I had a lovely stay at the Melia White House - I had a 2 nights for the price of 1 offer. I was very happy with my room - the only gripe was that the room was a little bit cold, but other than that, I would stay at the hotel again. I was very impressed with the breakfast buffet - the food was of high quality, eggs cooked to order, and the bacon, sausages were tasty, not dried up like in other breakfast buffets in other hotels. The staff were friendly and helpful, and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anybody. The hotel was in a great location - opposite Great Portland Tube station and 10/15 minutes walk to Euston train station.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind feedback of your recent stay at the Melia White House Hotel.

We delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us, especially with the breakfast buffet and the kidness of staff.

We hope to see you at the Melia White House soon

Best Regards
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

How did I not know of this hotel before.
I come from the USA and I customarily stay in the Hyde Park or Kensington area. The hotel is elegant and the staff are superb. I never passed any staff without a greeting and a smile. Check-in was seamless and accommodating to my requests. The room I would describe as compact, not small. It was in perfect condition and the daily service was excellent. The beds are hard by American standards but not uncomfortable. I had breakfast in the dining room each morning, where the buffet menu was complete and staff were friendly. I had to do room service twice in my one week stay. Delivery was in about 20 minutes and food was as I would expect downstairs. The hotel has a definite Southern European flavor and patronage which I found totally comfortable. There are three Underground Train stations nearby, one just across the street, so transport to any London location is not a problem. I preferred a mile or so walk down Tottenham Court Road to central London. Regents Park is just around the corner with wonderful gardens, walks, and runs.
I really did enjoy this hotel and will return whether for business or vacation.

Room Tip: My room was first floor with no view but quiet.
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed the service during your stay and it will be a pleasure to share your kind feedback with the rest of the team in the Melia hotel.

We always looking forward to Welcome you again

Best Regards
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Just the perfect place to stay in London. Great, quiet and centric location. THE place to stay no matter if your going with family, friends or looking for a romantic weekend, They know how to make you feel special in every case!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Chapel Hill, Nc, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Melia White House Hotel is well located and includes great staff, rooms and service. their breakfasts are wonderful and the bar is relaxing and well run. We had their pizzas several times and are the best I have had anywhere. A Spanish hotel in London works superbly. I will be back!

1 Thank TarHeel810
Melia W, Guest Relations Manager at Melia White House, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear TarHeel810,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with all Tripadvisor users!

It is great for us to see that your stay with us was a pleasant one and the hotel facilities as well as the staff services exceed your expectations.

For your next stay with us, we recommend you to visit L’Albufera restaurant, an excellent and very well recognised Spanish restaurant (AA Rosette awarded).

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Melia White House soon!
Like our Facebook page at Melia White House for our latest updates.