“Good location but....”
Review of Melia White House

Melia White House
Ranked #290 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The receptionist at check in seemed to be listening more to the voices in her head than me. The room was super small, I couldn't even walk to the other side of the bed. The shower was a danger to step out of as the safety bars were no help. But it was a good location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel in a good location from euston, near to the tube as well. Room was small but ok, stayed in the classic. Bathroom small, had to perch at 45 degree to use the lavatory.
Breakfast far too expensive at £24 per person !
Stay again yep

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

One night only for a business trip. I'd booked a single room but they "upgraded" me to a twin. Though this was probably a larger room I did wonder if the bed would have been larger in a single. This one was quite narrow. The room was quiet though as requested. Facilities were very modern with good soaps etc.
Breakfast was a usual buffet with a good range of English and continental foods. The Melia chain is Spanish so all the signs are bilingual. The restaurant has a low ceiling and at the busy time I was there it was noisy. No waiting for a seat though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good quality hotel, close to tube stations and bus stops. Our room was a king on the first floor, It was very clean and nicely decorated. There was a very extensive choice for breakfast in The Place restaurant, this also offered a differently themed buffet each evening.
The hotel has a very comfortable bar with reasonable prices.
They also have an excellent Spanish restaurant here called L'Albufera which we really enjoyed.
Overall we had a very good stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spot on for a good comfortable place to stay in a great location in London. Reasonably priced, with breakfast in modern rooms (check that you have a refurbished room). Can't fault it. All staff were pleasant, helpful and professional.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Arrived at this hotel in May on business. The location from St Pancras hotel was perfect on wards to where I was working the next day. On arrival, front of house staff was very good and the lobby looked professional. My room was a disaster in my view when compared to the many hotels I have stayed in. The Receptionist told me she had given me an upgrade to a room where there was a kirchen- lovely (I thought). When I arrived to the room it was a tiny cupboard in my view with a two hob stove, fridge, etc. Why the receptionist would think I would need this as a single person who had booked for 24hrs I dont know, but would suspect I was palmed off with one of the worst rooms.
There was no welcome in the room ie. complimentary water, nuts, biscuits nor an information card informing me how to regulate the heating/air conditoning, fire exits or how to use the remote. This surprised me greatly. At this leve of hotel I would expect as everyone else those would be standard. At this point there was a very very loud rining in the hotel. I ran out into the lobby to see what the commotion was when I passed some cleaning ladies. They informed me it was a fire test!!!. I felt very scared.

I went out for dinner in Soho which was lovely. On arrival complimentary water, nuts buscuits had arrived (far too late) on leaving the hotel at Reception surprisingly again, I wasnt asked how my stay was!! This is standard customer service- never again and I'm just pleased I didnt pay personally . I wont be staying heare again.

Room Tip: Check if offered an upgrade and your solo!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I last stayed in this hotel about 10 years ago on a business trip and always said I would one day come back. I remembered this hotel to have extremely comfortable rooms, good food and extremely good service. So now ten years on I came back to celebrate my wife's birthday and found my memory had not failed me ... The hotel remained as I remembered.
I guess at check in I was easily persuaded to up grade to "The a Level" and for the extra £52 a night I would expect something special.
While the room we received on the 8th floor was probably not much different to the superior room we had pre-booked, our upgrade did give us access to the executive lounge area where we had access to coffee and cakes throughout the day. Then from after 6 p.m. Free drinks and canapés, yes all very pleasant.. We also took breakfast in the same lounge which was much quieter and more personal than the main breakfast area. And, yes the breakfast like all,Melias I have stayed at are memorable with plenty of good quality Cava for that early morning Bucks Fizz(or is it Mimosa)
Apart from our comfortable room I must compliment the staff on their service, always courteous, helpful and always friendly in their efforts to make us welcome. Yes, this will remain my favourite hotel for a short break in London... And of course elsewhere. Well done Melia London

Room Tip: The standard rooms are small but very comfortable.. Even with the upgrade the bathroom area is a lit...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple