“Too Expensive, please choose another hotel”
Review of Melia White House

Melia White House
Ranked #295 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 November 2008

We stayed for one night at this hotel in October
The bathroom was so small the shower was difficult to get in, the approx size was 6ft x 3ft.
The food biil for 2 burgers was £28.
When we went to check out, they had added over £4 to our bill for gratuities. I explained i had paid the waitress her own tip. They refused to credit my bill, despite an email to the hotel booking dept.
The room had no view, but was very comfortable and warm.
The hotel is beautiful and the breakfast at £20 per head is good, but expensive.
I would not recommend you stay at the hotel unless you are willing to over pay the hotel prices, and unacceptable gratuities.
The hotel is mainly for the Spainish tourist, and i it appears they take advantage of the opportunities to take financial advantage.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Melia White House

Reviewed 26 October 2008

I stayed at the Melia last night as myself and my partner were in London for the Wine Show in Islington. The hotel is really easy to find - not even 5 minutes from Great Portland Street station - and it's absolutely massive. Everything about this place was huge and extravagant, really quite stunning. The staff at the front desk were very helpful, and we were even offered a half-price check-in, which we gladly took! Our room was fairly big, the bed was absolutely HUGE, and so comfortable!

We did encounter a few confusing elements, for example, we found the kettle, but no power cord for it. We also found that some items had been taken out of the mini-bar, but that in their place was a sealed packet of foreign goats' cheese! One concern was that as we were at the front of the building, we could hear a very loud Halloween party across the road, but luckily that finished around midnight.

There are some good restaurants around, and the helpdesk were very useful and finding a good Indian place to eat at. Something I really liked was that the hotel offer room service food throughout the night. We went down for breakfast in the morning and were absolutely staggered by the sheer amount of food on offer! They have a buffet with pastries, cakes, cereals, fried foods, freshly cooked omelette on request, juices, teas, champagne, even a salami stand! The food was fantastic, and the service was really good too, if a little over-enthusiastic!

As bizarre as the stay was in parts, I was genuinely disappointed to leave, and I'd recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a convenient place to stay in central London.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
6  Thank siobhang
Reviewed 26 October 2008

Booked a room on 'The Level' and wow, the fabulous room didn't disappoint!
Complimentary buffet food and drinks (and yes this includes all alcoholic ones) in the 'Level Lounge' during the evenings, and complimentary breakfast in there each morning. All in all well worth the extra cost of the room.
Polite, efficient staff and an excellent pianist/singer in the bar in the evenings. Gorgeous decor, with fresh flowers and chandeliers everywhere. We'll definately be back.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2008

We were force to upgrade to a deluxe room due to the need for a baby bed - the room was nice, the extra fee not so much. Good service, good location. No complaints.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2008

My husband and I have just returned from a one night stay at the Melia White House as part of a theatre break evening.

I feel I have to warn people tho that the hotel has NO CAR PARK! I'm not sure if this is common in this area but I was amazed that a hotel of this size has nowhere for its visitiors to park! We did manage to park behind the hotel on the street which because of being the weekend there was no charge, so it did work out in the end!

The hotel itself is lovely, clean with very helpful staff, the majority seem to be spanish.
On checking in the reception staff only had a twin room available despite the fact we requested a double months before but we did get upgraded to a superior room which was worth waiting an hour for it to be ready. The room was spacious with what looked like a super king size bed, it was massive and very comfy.

We didn't eat dinner at the hotel as part of our package was a meal in a restaurant close by but we did have a drink in the bar after the theatre, 2 double whiskeys and a coke cost us £28 so we didn't stay in the bar too long!!!

The breakfast the next morning was fantastic, everything you could ask for,cooked/continental even churro's and chocolate sauce, it could'nt be faulted!

Everything is very easy to get to with a tube station right opposite the hotel, bars and cafes and the theatre close by.

The whole experience was very relaxing and easy going which I think is what you want when you go away. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone! Fantastic!

• Stayed: October 2008
4  Thank tuscan159
Reviewed 8 October 2008

work related overnight stay - shortish walk from Euston Station and across the road from Great Portland St. well equipped if bijoux room. asked for a quiet room and it was. decor a bit OTT - lots of gold and mirrors. very quick express checkout - just gave my filled in form to a helpful person in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2008

We loved this hotel!!!!!
I stayed in this lovely hotel with my husband and my daughter (almost 2 years); I found this hotel very clean and for me this is the most important thing!!!!
The hotel staff was very very lovely there was a guy for help me with my baby carriage every times, and we loved so much the snaks offered in the afternoon :)
The hotel is very near my favorite park in London "Regent's Park" as well as the center of London and the tube.....
The room is very comfortable and spacious, the breakfast is excellent and the staff very very sweety with my daughter :))
I recommend this hotel to everyone!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family