“Birthday Treat”

Ranked #288 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Birthday Treat”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed over for one night. Beautiful hotel and in a good location. Drinks menu a little expensive. Breakfast choice amazing. Everything from cold meats, fresh fruit, pastries, cereals, cooked breakfast and made to order omelettes.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Melia W, Public Relations Manager at Melia White House, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear MarvelHero,

we are glad to see you have beeing enjoying your stay and special occasion with us!

We would have loved to receive a better Tripadvisor score, (3 out of 5) nevertheless we thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with other travellers!

Don't hesitate to come back next year, for the same occasion, we will be waiting for you!

Visit melia.com for the best available rate,

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Launceston Cornwall
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had a 2 night break. Arrived late.Very helpful staff at reception but took quite a long time. Perhaps they should review the check-in procedure.Amazing size lobby! Amazing compact room and ensuite! Seriously, the room may have been small but it was very comfortable. Staff were always very helpful. Will return if the price is right.

Dear Johnwhiting,
thank you for letting us know how happy you have been at the Melia WHite House during your visit in London!

We are delighted to know you have been enjoying your room and our service!

Do not wait to long to visit us again, we will be here waiting for you!

Visit melia.com for the best rate availability!

Best regards,
Pontypridd
Reviewed 28 July 2014

arrived and our room was not surpose to be ready till 3pm asked staff at 145pm and they were brilliant , we were in by2pm help with baggage, rooms were to the standard i expected, staff were very pleasent and accommodating could not fault entire service throuout our stay .Breakfast was surpurb catering for all very proffessional service .Ideal for all London attractions parking is at a premium , would stay again without hesitation

Room Tip: rooms above main enterance to avoid,
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Melia W, Guest Relations Manager at Melia White House, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Robert Andrew J,

Thank you for sharing your comments with all the Tripadvisor users!

We are delighted to read that our facilities were to your complete satisfaction in combination with the hotel services. Your comments regarding our staff are also highly appreciated as we are constanly working on achieving the highest levels of service.

London is well known for its elegance and its warm welcoming. Experience it personally at our Longford’s Bar, typical British decoration where you can enjoy a big selection of English teas, or an inviting large choice of spirits and cocktails.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon! Don’t forget to visit our website melia.com for the best available rates.
London
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great value for NW1 location close to transport but in a quiet location next to Regents Park. Modern clean hotel with a continental feel and lots of guests of all ages. Food is excellent. Rooms a bit small and shower ceiling too low for tall men but not a big deal.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Brian M,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor!

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as the room, the location as well as the food provided were to your satisfaction.

We recommend you for your next stay with us to try our Executive Level room category with access to our executive lounge for a more exclusive experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Melia White House!
Please visit our website melia.com for special rates and our latest promotions.
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night to celebrate our anniversary, it was our second visit. The staff can't do enough for you and always with a smile. Incredibly polite, helpful and friendly. The icing on the cake, literally was a bottle of bubbly, chocolate covered strawberries and an anniversary cake delivered to our room. Yes the rooms are quite small but how long are you actually in the room for? Bed was very comfortable and bathroom equipped with good toiletries and large soft towels. Very good choice of breakfast dishes, yes it was busy first thing but we were seated quickly. Love this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sharonmc759

Many thanks for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor!

Your warm opinion has been really taken with consideration and we would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We are constantly try our best to create memorable experiences to our guests and we are pleased to read that your stay with us in this special occasion was enjoyable for you.

On your next stay with us, don’t miss to try L’Albufera restaurant, an excellent and very well recognised Spanish restaurant (AA Rosette awarded).

We hope to welcome you again back to Melia White House soon! Like our page on Facebook at Melia White House.
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Melia White House hotel for 1 night in July. When we arrived the room wasn't ready but the staff was very helpful with our luggage. It is located in a very nice area very close to regency park and 20 minutes walking from the Piccadilly Circus. The room was spacious, clean with a king size bed. The window in the bathroom was old and was quite bit of noise. Reception can get busy, so use the second smaller one.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Meraios,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on Tripadvisor!

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as the location as well as our services was to your satisfaction. We are proud to receive such a good feedback for our staff as we consider them as one of our strongest points.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon at Melia White House! Like our page on Facebook at Melia White House.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Whereas impressive from the outside and after being rather ostentatiously greeted by a porter on the way in I figured that I was in for a treat

As I walked to the reception desk I noted 1 receptionist chatting in Spanish with some guests whilst another receptionist was talking to a fellow employee, I waited patiently whilst eavesdropping on the conversation receptionist number one was having with the Spanish guests (I speak Spanish too) she was very helpful and friendly, throughout listening to that conversation I found out how the wifi in the room worked, what time and where to find breakfast etc.

Once the second receptionist finished talking to his colleague, eye contact was studiously avoided for several very tense moments whilst I 'uhmmed' and 'aahd' about whether to clear my throat or just say something, I was saved by having to do that by the phone ringing... Phew! Now he had a real reason to continue ignoring me..

Shortly after, having run out of phone calls, colleagues and interesting things on computer screens he finally acknowledged my presence and checked me in, I had to ask the questions and the location of the lift (meanwhile receptionist number one was still regaling the Spanish family with helpful advice) as his check in manner was perfunctory at best...

After getting into the baffling lift ( you can't just call the lift there's a touch screen you have to register into.. ) I reached my room, opulently furnished but lacking the basic cleanliness and comfort which is what matters more to me..

I.e: no hand soap, air con wasn't working very well, bed sheets not properly tucked in, mattress very hard, bath tub had soap scum stains and several short and curly hairs 'shudder' I had to wash it out before I could use it..

Perhaps the worst element were the paper thin walls, twice I found myself dashing around looking between my personal phone and my work phone as I could hear one vibrate, after several confusing seconds realising neither had incoming calls I heard, in the next room, somebody answer his phone.. It was his phone I could hear vibrate! I also found myself forced into watching friends as the room next door was also watching that channel so to avoid conflicting noise I tuned into the same channel on the tv.

All in all I've had better service and a more comfortable nights sleep at a premier inn for half the money and a fraction of the snootiness.. It was ok but not my favourite stay in a hotel by far..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business