“GREAT HOTEL AND OUTSTANDING STAFF”
Review of Melia White House

Melia White House
Ranked #287 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“GREAT HOTEL AND OUTSTANDING STAFF”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I cannot say enough great things about the staff and amenities at this hotel. From Alexis, who was there to greet me upon my arrival, to each and everyone, including Anna, Noemi, Carlos, Jose and ALL of the LEVEL staff, I commend, on their fine service, and hospitality. We all loved the breakfast Buffet and the evening cocktails, as well as the room itself. Our Master Suite was roomy and comfortable.
Perfect location in Mayfair! I will definitely recommend the Melia, to all my friends, and tell them to be prepared for a warm welcome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Melia W, Guest Relations Manager at Melia White House, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Mary W,

Many thanks for leaving such a wonderful review of your recent stay at The Melia White House Hotel.
It is particularly warming to hear that Alexis, Anna, Noemi, Carlos, Jose and all the Level staff were making you feel special in order to appreciate and having a more enjoyable and more memorable stay. A pleasure to share your lovely comment with them !

We are glad to see that you appreciated our practical location in Mayfair less than 2 minutes walking to Regents’ Park or 15 minutes walking to the British Museum !

Thank you very much for recommending the Melia White House to all your friends !
We look forward to welcoming you back personally one more time at the Meliá White House !

Kindest regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel location is nice,rooms bit tiny and the breakfast has been good during the stay. I was attending a training there and the setup is good actully. Am picky person when it comes to housekeeping and Melia didnt meet my exoectations. Everything was dusty in the room from mirrors to tables even the glass in the bathroom was dusty as well although we kept windows closed, its not in that room only where we stayed but also we have upgraded the room to family room but it was still dusty. I give this hotel 3 stars.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Melia W, Guest Relations Manager at Melia White House, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Sima_Droubi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, in the Melia White House.

We are pleased to hear that you could enjoy our breakfast in The Place Restaurant. We are deeply sorry to hear that your last experience of was not to your expectations and satisfaction.
We simply want to be perfect for all of our guests and very keen when guests leave the hotel with warm memories and in your case we failed to achieve this. We apologize for the inconvenience and we take your comments as an opportunity to improve our services.

We truly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in a near future.

Best regards.
London
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had previously stayed at this hotel as a surpriae birthday present by mt husband.It was wonderful, I was treated extremely well , we stayed in an executive room with level lounge access which was suburb.
As I enjoyedt it so much I booked again upgrading it to a suite along with my husband ans son.
I was really dissatisfied, my suite was not ready ans I had to return twice (hour late).When I got to the suite it was awful, nothing like the picture at all, old scruffy and small.
I complained and was moved within the hour, to a much better suite..what I dont understand is how two suites which were the same price were so different?
Still no extras as promised though, on the site I was told I would get £15 credit per day to spend, and extras for my son ice cream, toys...
when I questioned this I was told to email to get it sorted and to this day have still not had a response....
I was so impressed the first visit am disappointed the second didn't live up to its expectations!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Julie A,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor following you recent stay at the Melia White House Hotel.

While we are obviously disappointed with your feedback about the service, we genuinely appreciate all your comments as it gives us the opportunity to follow up on your experience and to ensure our service is highly maintained.

Kind regards
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel was fabulous, arrived with a coach tour. The staff were very helpful. Our room was lovely, bathrobes and slippers were provided.
The breakfast was everything you could ask for, plenty of choice, the staff worked amazingly hard to ensure everyone was served as quickly as possible, all of the staff were extremely pleasant.
The location is brilliant for London sight seeing.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Twin room was spacious.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Grizlabeth,

Thank you for posting this very kind review about your recent stay at the Melia White House Hotel.

We are delighted that you had such a good experience of the hotel and it is always great to hear that our guests have fully embraced the facilities which we offer, which it certainly sounds like you have!

Don’t forget to like our Facebook page at Melia White House for our latest news and promotions.

Kind regards,
Northern Virginia, Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Outstanding location, property, service, and amenities. When my colleagues and I walked into the lobby, I was flabbergasted by the décor – marble, brass, uniformed personnel – I felt underdressed in my travel clothes as I thought I should have been dressed in a tuxedo! The rooms are a bit small compared to American standards, but with European standards and elegance and class. Much like the lobby, the room is elegantly furnished and the décor unbelievable – marble in the bathroom (so be careful because the floor gets slippery when wet), firm bedding, iron and board in the room, small safe.
The international staff (fluent in many languages) is outstanding – from the doormen opening the doors, concierges (Mark Kris was especially outstanding in his helpfulness and knowledge), to the wait staff in the dining room for breakfast and bar.

PLUSSES – too many to list, but in no particular order:
- Staff – property is impeccable, but the staff makes it an even better stay; unfailingly proper, courteous, professional, and efficient;
- Gym – clean, has all the items I need: dumb bells (2kg (5lbs) to 22.5kg (~50lbs)); Life Cycle threadmills (3), Elliptical (1); recumbent and spinning bike; rowing machine; benches – the only thing missing is a pull down machine/pull up bar.
- Location – within minutes to two Tube Stations (different lines); close to many great pubs, walking distance to many of London’s spots;
- Breakfast – a great selection to include a gentleman making omelets to order. He stated that he uses from 500 to 700 eggs a day! Be aware, if you step away from your table to get more food, when you return, your plate and silverware may be cleaned up – when its busy, the quick and efficient staff quickly clean up your table for the next person;
- Plugs – next to the small desk in your room, there are three outlets – (1) 220v UK (three prong); (2) 220v German (two prong); (3) 110v US outlet. So you will require an adapter/converter for UK to US plugs, but there is one 110v US outlet.

MINUSES:
- The only issue I had was with WIFI – my room was at the end of the hall so I had minimal WIFI. Not a problem, I just walked closer to the center of the property, close to the elevator where there was a table and chair where I could access the WIFI
- No radio clock – when you call for a “wake up call,” instead of the typical telephone call, you will receive a personalized ring at your room (door bell)
- Based on my stay here, all other properties will be sorely lacking

As with typical European properties, you need to insert your room key (card) into a slot when you enter the room to activate the electricity in the room – note, the AC will not work without the key. The fan control for the AC is located next to the bed.
When you call the elevators, you have to identify your floor on a console – the console will then identify elevator A, B, C, or D that will stop at the floor. There are no floor buttons in the elevators.
So, if in London and location is not too much of a factor, Melia White House is a great property. Located right next to Regent’s Park (great for a three mile loop if following the outer loop – be careful because traffic is the opposite to the states. Before crossing a street, you will see writing on the road stating, “LOOK RIGHT.” London drivers are not too “user friendly,” cabs seem not to know where the brakes are located.)
So, Melia White House – yes, great place to stay.

Room Tip: For WIFI access, request a room closer to the central part of the property. My room at the end of t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nakamark
Dear MarkNOVA,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed feedback about your stay at the Melia White House on Tripadvisor.

It is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your overall experience especially our welcoming, friendly and ‘ outstanding ‘ staff. It is a pleasure to share your lovely comment with Mark from concierge.

We are glad to see that you appreciated our practical location less than 2 minutes walking to Regents’ Park and Great Portland Street station or 15 minutes walking to oxford circus.

Moreover, we are happy to read that you really liked our breakfast to The Place Restaurant. Next time, do not hesitate to ask for our Melia Balance brochure which is a healthy eating program which will allow you to enjoy a fuller life with an abundance of energy. Choose one of our breakfasts and find the perfect harmony between your body and mind !

Don’t forget to like our Facebook page at Melia White House for our latest news and promotions !
Please, visit our website melia.com in order to enjoy our last promotion,

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you back at the Meliá White House.
Warmest regards,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Got off to a bad start as the room we were given had not been prepared and to be honest even if it was cleaned and ready I would have been slightly disappointed as it looked a bit tired. However, the guest relations manager was superb and moved us straight away into a lovely room and on when got back to the room there was a birthday cake waiting for us as my trip was for my daughters 21st birthday and a hand written note from the manager apologising for the hiccup and wishing us a great time.
I stayed this time in the Level which I would recommend although this time we didn't really use but if we book again then I would defiantly make better use of it but the best thing about this hotel are the staff, very courteous and attentive which I feel is a credit to the management.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Jez K,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a nice comment and recommending the Melia White House on Tripadvisor especially the Level Experience.

We are very delighted to see that you appreciated the little special attention given by our ‘ very courteous and attentive ‘ staff, by the Guest Experience Department and the Level team.
Indeed, the Level Experience provide to our guest special services such as a private check-in and check-out to the Level Reception as well as the privilege to enjoy the benefits of the quiet private Level Lounge : complementary full English breakfast and tapas buffet upon the evening, complementary soft drinks and alcohol, internet connection, magazines..

Thank you very much for your loyalty.

We hope to welcome you back personally one more time very soon !

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

A good modern hotel, from the outside itself smoking area- nice small garden for smokers. nice clean and big lobby, good furniture, friendly staffs.
Rooms are very specious, with all the modern facilities, comfortable beds.
buffet restaurants offers good selection of foods.

Room Tip: if you can add small supplement than have LEVEL(cub) rooms- its the amount worth to pay and you can...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Melia W, Guest Relations Manager at Melia White House, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear TPREVIEW,

Thank you for publishing a comment about your stay in the Melia White House and sharing your Room Tip on Tripadvisor.

Indeed, the Level Room represent an original concept in order to create a unique experience ! The Level Experience provide to our guest special services such as a private check-in and check-out to the Level Reception as well as the privilege to enjoy the benefits of the quiet private Level Lounge : complementary full English breakfast and tapas buffet upon the evening, complementary soft drinks and alcohol, internet connection, magazines..
All these facilities and services are making your stay more special, more enjoyable and definitely more memorable !

Many thanks for recommending this experience for highlighting our friendly staff attitude and the diversity and originality of our buffet restaurant with theme which are changing every day !

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you back personnally at the Meliá White House.

Do not forget to like our Facebook page at Melia White House for our latest news and promotions !

With warm regards,