“Amazing value in centre of London”
Review of Melia White House

Melia White House
Ranked #289 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Glasgow
“Amazing value in centre of London”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had this hotel booked for me as part of a business trip and wasn't expecting much for the money in London. I didn't have the opportunity to try the restaurant or the gym etc. but what I did see of the hotel I was very impressed.

Friendly staff (had my room upgraded which was great) and one of the best rooms I've stayed in to date made this a very enjoyable night and I will undoubtedly be using this hotel again when I'm in London.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Melia W, Guest Relations Manager at Melia White House, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Many thanks for reviewing us on Tripadvisor!
Dear TWGlasgow,

We are glad to see that you had a pleasant stay in your business trip.

On your next stay with us, we recommend you to visit L’Albufera restaurant, an excellent and very well recognised Spanish restaurant (AA Rosette awarded).

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Melia White House soon!

Like our Facebook page at Melia White House for our latest updates.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night and were really impressed with this hotel. Staff are very attentive, we felt very looked after. Room was a little on the small side but really clean. Breakfast was fantastic, lots of choice and again staff were attentive.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Louisab47
Melia W, Guest Relations Manager at Melia White House, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Louisab47,

Thank you for choosing Meliá White House for your recent stay in London and for sharing your feedback.

In our hotel we always aim to offer a high level of service and make the guest feel more than comfortable during his/her stay. We are glad to know that you felt really looked after during your stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have stayed at the Sol Melia many times as the location is superb,near to the fabulous Regents Park as well as Marylebone with its lovely restaurants and shops.The lobby is bright and the staff are helpful.Only negative was the room, a bit small and the one i stayed in was "tired looking" in need of some paint etc.
Overall though i enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Melia is our choice of the hotel whenever we travel.
Excellent facilities, friendly staff, scrumptious breakfast, great location .
Added bonus was that we had one night free as the present from Melia reward program for my birthday.
On our next trip to Rome we obviously will stay in Melia!

Room Tip: Always ask for the upgrade, sometimes you can get it for free!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Leoni K,

Thank you for confirming your loyalty to Meliá Hotels International by choosing Meliá White House for your recent stay in London. We are glad to read that you enjoyed one of the many benefits of our program.

It is great to know that our facilities, our staff, our breakfast and our location impressed you and made your stay memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to London in the future.

Kind regards
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Read all the reviews and was looking forward to my trip and as a loyalty card holder expectations were high. Unfortunately, I was disappointed and expressed my views to the hotel. I think they've been fair in offering me an upgrade and meal in The Place restaurant if I return.

I've been using Melia hotels for well over 10 years in Spain and joined the rewards scheme in 2007. The reviews on TA were glowing and I booked one night so Mom and I could go to the Palace and then see Les Miserables the next day. Our room was on the first floor and it was small and dark ~ this was disappointing, but as we were only there for 1 night didn't bother too much. The view was uninspiring and I wished had taken the offer of an upgrade (chargeable) at check in. The bathroom was fine except that we had no hot water ~ that was my biggest complaint. I realise this was beyond the scope of the hotel and I can accept problems happen.

I showered in cold water which trickled to a halt and boiled a kettle for my 90 year old mother! When things go wrong other items are analysed and nit~picked ~ I did email the hotel with my comments. There are good points ~ location was great for us, just a short ride from Marylebone station and so easy to get around with 2 tube stations and buses nearby.

The breakfast selection was also very good, but not hot enough for us. The delicious granary roll was the hottest item on the plate! Check out took too long and the £15 credit for booking online with Melia.com was not allocated. This was sorted out and all the staff are superb. The ambience in the foyer and Longfords bar is good. There was a hiccup in Longfords Bar, but I wouldn't have even bothered with these small items if the room had been better. I realise space is at a premium, but previously stayed at Grange St Paul's and Washington Mayfair where the rooms were large and well furnished. As a loyalty/rewards member I was disappointed with the Melia White House, but I seem to be the only one! There is nothing between average and very good on TA so I've had to put average.

Room Tip: First floor ~ no view! Dark and dismal.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Marina279
Dear Marina259,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to know more about your stay in Meliá White House. We regret that your experience did not meet your expectations.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the mentioned issues with the hot water. Please rest assured that all has been done from the very first moment in order to bring the situation back to normality. We are sorry that your room experience was not satisfactory.

As a loyal member of our Meliá Rewards program, we hope you will keep on trusting in our company.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for an extended weekend in London. The location is great; walking distance to Regent's Park, Camden, Soho, etc. Service was polite and helpful.

The room was a little bit tired; scuffs on furniture, needed updating. Not sure if all rooms are like this. We had a Queen bed room on the 7th floor. We were able to check in early after our long transatlantic flight, so if we had waited until normal check-in, perhaps a better room would have been available.

Didn't try any restaurants on site. Did ask the concierge for a suggestion one night but it was way off base for what we wanted, so we cancelled the reservation when we got to the restaurant.

Overall great location near Great Portland Street tube stop - would recommend if you can get for a good price (which included free WiFi).

Room Tip: Find out if there are any updated rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear cybershaz,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to know that you really enjoyed our location.

We appreciate your comments on the room furniture, which have been passed to our Management in order to check that all our standards are maintained.

We remain at your disposal for further assistance.

Chester
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This is a vibrant hotel with a comfortable, relaxing bar area. Rooms are well equipped and clean with good food choice for breakfast. Good location for Regents Park area and convenient for underground stations

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank William E
Melia W, Guest Relations Manager at Melia White House, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear William E,

We are glad to read your review of our hotel and to receive such a nice description of our facilities.

Thank you for mentioning our bar area, our rooms and our breakfast offer. Great that you found our location ideal for your plans in London.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again!