“Typical london hotel, great location”

Dylan Apartments Earls Court
Ranked #996 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed in dylan earls court in may 2014. The price was affordable, and the main factor in choosing this hotel was the luxury of a private toilet and shower, which is not a standard in many discount hotels in London. The kitchenette was useful for storing breakfast supplies in the fridge, but too small to really get into cooking. Also the fact that the only spot to hang out and eat was the bed kind of made it difficult. The room was tiny, but having visited london hotels a few times before, this seems to be the way to go. On an active city holiday the bed is pretty much all you need anyway!

As a down side, the cleaner did not once wash our dishes (2 glasses, 2 plates and a knife) and no sponge or washing up liquid were provided, so we just had to rinse them with water. Not too sanitary, but meh. Would just think that it would be part of the hotel cleaners services, as they visited our room any way to change towels daily.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The staff for us were more than helpful and made the stay worth while, however the room was very very small and we were at the very end of the windy narrow corridors which made us feel slightly unsafe due to it's environment feeling. CCTV everywhere (good for security and safety! but made you feel intimidated!) walls were very thin so could hear next door, knifes were also displayed and exposed to visitors - think a deposit system should be used to ensure maximum safety ! The dated decor needs to be updated as the reception area and the rooms were modernised, although walking to it made you feel very uncomfortable.

**Great location from the bus stop at the end of the street, and tube station just around the corner from that, so was great for our late nights out.

Overall, I probably wouldn't stay here again, simply because I personally didn't feel comfortable however my partner didn't have a problem with it and would stay again. It is down to preference, and I guess this one wasn't for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I booked Dylan Apartment Earls Court for the 28-30 of April 14.
I am visually impaired and travel with a guidedog. When they heard about my dog they refused to have me as a guest. In England you are not allowed to refuse a certified guidedog and I told them that,but nope. We where NOT welcome and the man-Sony,also denied me to speak with the management.
This is the first time I have been treated this way in the UK and it's not a good feeling.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Inger S
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times this year and last for prolonged periods of time and short stays. I can honestly say it is a fantastic hotel. The location is great, on a quiet Kensington street, 2 minuet walk away from earls court tube station which can get you into central London in 15 minuets. The reception staff are extremely helpful, especially sunny, he will go out his way to help anyone. I stayed in various rooms and all of them were up to standard. They have a kitchenette a bathroom, tv on the wall and very comfortable. The rooms are not huge, and the interior of the rooms is not of 5* quality, but if you want 5* then you will have to pay at least double what you pay here. Knowing London extremely well I can confidently say that for the price and location you will not find a better hotel. Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Megan D
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My partner booked two nights at these apartments, which are actually small rooms. We were very disappointed with our room , we could hardly move, and the bathroom was very narrow. We complained and we were upgraded on the second night, this room was much bigger, better furnishings, bigger bathroom. I would suggest if booking these apartments you opt for the bigger rooms.
Good location , literally around the corner from Earls Court exhibition centre and the underground. Plenty of places to eat try The Little French Restaurant for value for money £9.95 for three courses.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms are extremely small and cramped, if your budget allows, opt for the bigger rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WoodheadManchester
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The only good point: Hotel staff was great considering the quality of the hotel. The rooms are NOTHING like the pictures. Check out the pictures posted by travelers. The rooms are disgusting. Ask to see the room before you pay because they will not refund your money, and you will want your money back. It is difficult to believe that London doesn't have a hotel authority that checks out the hotels.

Room Tip: Check out photos posted by other travelers, and book this hotel only if you want a substandard hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Mary S
shyam b, Manager at Dylan Apartments Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Could you please give us more details about your stay at Dylan Apartments Earls Court including your full name, arrival date and room number.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here as part of a business trip and I thought it was lovely!
There was only one bad point and that was that there wasn't any parking.
I had my own little kitchenette and private space.
Would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business