“never stay in this dive”

Dylan Apartments Earls Court
Ranked #998 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I booked a studio flat in Warwick road for 4 nights as I was working in London for the week.

Unfortunately I didn't check Trip advisor beforehand. The apartments website advised I should go to 27 Philbeach Gardens to check in, When I arrived there, I was directed to the actual apartment at 60 Warwick Road..... The reception staff were consistently friendly and I feel very sorry for them having to work for such an embarrassment of a company. The "studio flat" was a room, about 8 feet by 6 feet, with a cupboard masquerading as a kitchenette, with equipment that was apparently clean but very old. The paint was peeling in the "kitchenette cupboard" The furniture was ancient, junk shop standard, with scratches and worn areas on the bedside cabinet and the dressing table/computer desk. The window handles were broken and
both the curtains and the nets were filthy and disgusting. The overhead bed light didn't work. I asked to be in a quiet room and was shown to the top floor, which was, at least, quiet, although the stairwell smelled of cooked food and I went round the stairwell opening windows each morning to get some fresh air into the building. The en suite had a shower with a mouldy ceiling, the toilet smelled awful. The bed linen and towels were clean although the duvet was dirty. I was miserable and paid nearly £300 for this unpleasant experience. I cannot conceive of how anyone with any morals could advertise in the way Dylan Apartments do compared with my experience. Whoever owns this company should be ashamed of yourself as you are a disgrace to tourism in the UK

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank 9997LuciaM9997

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Nice location, near to Early Court Tube station, friendly staffs. Mr.Surender Singh, Mr.Ali and every one are very friendly. Room is small but adjustable. It has Mini Kitchen. Still the hotel quality can be improved. Can provide free internet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

That the room has a tiny closet with a electric mini-kitchen and a micro does not make it an appartment. Dir*ty, small and expensive for what it offers. The location is good, next to the tub station and close to the bus stop.

Room Tip: negotiate for a good room, otherwise it seems that they give you the worst s-it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SamuelWieze
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Nice building on the outside, room was shabby but the bed clothes were clean. Tiny shower room, the shower leaked to the room below, so we were asked to keep water off the wall, haha.

Mini kitchen was a joke, one dirty mug and two dirty tea cups, oh we were also blessed with one small glass.

The room was roasting, no air conditioning , fans etc

Friendly staff

Hotel is in a nice area, so don't have to worry walking around at night.

Loads of nice cars parked in the streets if you like that sort of thing. Mclarens, Ferraris, Bentleys etc

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I read several bad reviews on this hotel after I had already booked our trip.

I expressed my concerns to the manager before our stay and he assured us that they ran a quality hotel. I wrote off the bad reviews and though perhaps some folks had unrealistic expectations of London hotels. I mean they all tend to be small and no frills in this price range right? So we set our bar very low having no idea how much lower it would need to sink.

The day before our departure they emailed and switched us from their Paddington site to one in Earls Court. A bit unnerving to say the least. We were told they were upgrading our room.I would have hated to have seen the room we should have gotten.

The rooms look NOTHING like the pictures posted on their website. When we checked in they tried to charge us an added fee because we were paying on our U.S credit card. We refused to pay the add ons.

We carried our luggage up four filthy flights of stairs to a dingy room you could barely step into. We paid for an apartment with a kitchen, we got a small bed you could barely walk around, and a hot plate and a mini microwave. We were directly on the street so we heard loud traffic all night. No ventilation, no fan or air conditioning. No place to hang clothes, not even in the bathroom (which was the size of a phone booth) and WIFI was an added 10 dollars per day.

For the money we spent it was horrible... stay anywhere else if you can.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank lsmith699
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been travelling to London many times since 2005 but this is the worst experience I ever had!
Nothing I liked. The whole experience was disastrous - the room was a small box, completely different from the one I have seen when booked. Very small bathroom. It was not possible for me to manage my privacy in the bath and in the shower because of the folding door.Very bad place, very noisy, suddenly the fire alarm rang twice very early morning!! No coffee or tea!
I will definitely NOT recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Delia V
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights recently after deciding to give it another chance. Our first stay was terrible and I couldn't believe that hotels can get away with selling rooms in that condition quite frankly. We complained and we were given the option of a discount in a better room, we decided to give it another chance on our return to London.
On our arrival, the reception knew who we were and made a point of telling us they had a nice room for us, good start. The guy on reception was polite and helpful.
We got our key card and made our way to our room. It was a massive improvement on our first stay, the room was noticeably bigger, better decoration and a lot cleaner. It was directly opposite the room from our first stay.
The bathroom was still cramped but usable, the mini kitchen, in my view is no use whatsoever, they would be better off getting rid of them making better use of the space. The room had a nice big TV and the bed was comfortable.
The corridor outside the room leading to the lift had a strange smell, a bit like wet dog so I wouldn't advise spending to long getting in and out of your room.
Overall, a big improvement on our first disastrous stay, not enough to stay again I don't think but it left me with a slightly better view.

Room Tip: Get a bigger room, the budget rooms are far too small.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple