“corporate noodles”

Ranked #8,404 of 23,375 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$16 - US$33
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Located in the ever-vibrant angel centre, next door to the o2 academy and vue cinema and only a 2 min walk to chapel market as well as islington green and regents canal. We offer asian food inspired by the flavours of japan
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I'd never been to this chain of eateries,although i'd heard about it.my friend,who was paying,wanted to come here.i explained to my friend that i usually avoid 'chain restaurants' because of the mcdonald-esque uniformity,which is the very reason why some people like them.i prefer individuality of the chef,rather than corporate blandness.....having said that i enjoyed my noodles and chicken starter as did my friend.at about £10 per head excl. drinks ,i thought it pricey-ish.no arguments with the service or the surroundings,but 21.00hrs on a monday night meant the place was mostly empty. as stated by previous reviewer,"any half -decent" vietnamese/malay/chinese/indonesian would be equal or better and in my mid-50's,any trendy aspect was completely lost on me..is it supposed to be quasi-japanese ?.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was in Islington for a concert with a friend who goes to Wagamama quite often, so thought I would give it a try for the first time. Now, don't get me wrong, the food was lovely and the portion was reasonable, but for the price you pay, any half decent local Chinese restaurant is far better value. I suppose you pay a bit for the trendy aspect of this place, but it's food I wanted not style. Give me Chinatown any day of the week. I probably won't be back.

1  Thank jeremyharding
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I went to Wagamama for the first time. The food was great and the staff was fantastic. For a fast food setting Wagamama can't be beat. My only complaint would hate the restaurant is noisy.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Had tried this place a few years ago and wasn't impressed. But, influenced by my daughter who loves it, we went there for lunch.

I had the Wagamama pad thai with chicken and prawns and it all tasted fresh and good, with a very pleasant level of coriander and spices and, I think, a subtle presence of mint which worked very well in combination with the other flavours.

Good mug of green tea which was free.

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I had a quick lunch and as usual wagamama met my expectations
A very kind Brazilian girl of staff suggested me the soup with mushroom, it was very good, with noodles, mushroom and vegetables
Style is very simple but relaxing as in other wagamama
Staff ok