“Love it here!”

Price range: US$13 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Located in the heart of the city, walking distance from St. Paul's Cathedral, round the corner from Fleet Street & close to Blackfriars Bridge. A warm relaxed place to come and socialize, to eat, drink and enjoy yourself. Our 'award winning menu' offers all the best quality and choice, complemented by an extensive wine selection and drinks list. We also offer a range of award winning real ales and continental lagers.
“Love it here!”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

A nice British pub, however it is owned by a Canadian and he is willing to show NHL games which is fantastic as a Canadian living in London, I miss my Hockey Nights in Canada!! The food here is great and the staff are pleasant. I've only ever been on a Sunday afternoon and the downstairs was busy (but it's a small pub so only a handful of people would make it appear busy) as everyone was watching the football game. My Canadian friends and I were upstairs enjoying our hockey, and we were the only ones there! There were some people who came upstairs, but more for something to eat than to watch the game. The Albion can be a good place to relax and when you need a little hockey in your life it's not always as jammed as the Maple Leaf (although it can still get busy if it's a big game!)

• Visited February 2013

“A regular haunt for me”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I go to the Albion once a month, for a meeting in the upstairs bar. The pub is lively with a couple of large TV screens, so sports fans do well. The upstairs bar is usually empty in the afternoons (unless someone has booked a meeting) so you can get away from the noise - the staff will tyrn the music down or off if you wish. The beer is Wells & Youngs, so good, but not a wide range. The food is substantial and I remember a large, varied and tasty selection of sandwiches, snack and hor d'ourves we had at one of the larger meetings. It's not the cheapest, but this is the City of London, nothing is cheap there!

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Pre-show find”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Came upon The Albion on a wet Tuesday evening (2/10/12), looking for a meal and a drink prior to a show at The Mermaid Theatre. It's a very pleasant pub, full of after work drinkers and it has a nice buzzy atmosphere. Good choice of beer and lager. We chose to eat in the upstairs bar as it was a bit quieter and the room overlooked the road with a bit of a view. Food was very tasty - I had a burger with the very hot relish - the chips were fantastic, best I have had for ages. My partner had excellent ham, eggs and chips. We normally go to the other Youngs pub, The Founders Arms on the river, but The Albion was a good substitute and I would certainly go there again next time I go to The Mermaid. Only thing missing was the vinegar to go with the chips!

• Visited October 2012