“Very welcoming, good traditional Italian food in the City”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Fenice Rossa

La Fenice Rossa
Ranked #319 of 399 Dessert in London
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Classic and traditional Italian restaurant using the freshest of ingredients. Offering our customers only the best and highest quality products directly from Italy. Our hand made pasta all freshly prepared, wood stone baked pizzas, top quality grilled steaks, Fresh fish daily supplied, and the finest wines from Italy, France, Spain, Chile, Argentine and new zealand. A stock of fine regional Italian wines are available to complement your meal. The success is down to the quality and variety of the food, the cheerful service. Ideal for a formal business lunch, a meeting place in our funcion room, a prived lunch or dinner in our prived area a break during a shopping day or just a place to go and indulge yourself. Our italian beers (peroni, moretti, oro di milano) strike with an intense and pleasant malt flavor and persistent hop aroma. Is a fresh, light-bodied beer that is very easy to drink, very refreshing and yet, sophisticated choice, perfect with appetizers and is also very versatile for all food combinations, including classic italian starters, pizza, pasta, cold cuts and mozzarella. Also enjoyable with main courses, like seafood and grilled meat dishes.
London, United Kingdom
“Very welcoming, good traditional Italian food in the City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were welcomed expanisively by the Manager and Owner of the restaurant who ensure we were looked after and gave us a tot of Limoncello after our meal. I had the pizza which I thoroughly and look forward to revisiting another time.

1 Thank Tuftynut

New York City, New York
“Visiting London from NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I travel frequently to South America, Asia and now Europe,
This time was not for business but a short family trip.
My wife and I discovered this Gem of a restaurant the food was incredible, atmosphere very pleasant and service impeccable.
We were greeted at the front door from a Gentleman 9 must be the manager) Tony I believe his name was. Who escorted us to our table, and from the start he made our experience memorable.
Great food well presented and not expensive at all.
I will make it a point to come back over and over again whenever I will be back in Europe as I will
not hesitate to recommend to family, friends and colleague alike.
Great place that virtually transports you to Italy.
Sincerely

John Wade

NYC U.S.A.

2 Thank JOHN W
“Superb food once you navigate the menu!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Our visit on a Friday night found the place empty apart from one other couple which felt like a shame. The menu contained a good range - although not some of the better dishes I've seen described in previous reviews - but had no order to it. Starters and main courses were scattered in 8 different places across the menu so it was difficult to consider what we actually wanted and actually meant that the range of starters wasn't as comprehensive as one would expect. The spacing between tables is great and the owner was extremely attentive and well versed on the menu and open to changing dishes or giving us something from Monday's menu rather than sticking rigidly to what was available on the menu. Range of specials was very small. The food then arrived main course first as the owner had failed to write down our starters. The food is delicious - exceptional really but having the main courses and then immediately after being presented with the missing starters was a bit strange and very filling. Didn't stop us going for dessert - tiramisu was better than anything I've had anywhere else including Italy. So if you're up for going with the flow a bit then this is well worth it for the food quality. With a tastecard this worked out at £20 a head for 4 of us - 3 courses and wine.

2 Thank Kattypatty
“Pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Reading through the mixed reviews of this place before I went, I was not quite sure what to expect. However, I am glad to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and overall experience.

A big plus was the good spacing between the tables so you could actually have an enjoyable conversation, rather than hearing other tables’ conversations, which is typical in most City restaurants as they try to cram too many tables in.

The service is good enough and the food (we both had pasta) was very nice indeed.

We will return.

Visited May 2014
“OK food, rude service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I had previously commented here but my review was taken down for some reason, perhaps my review seemed a bit too malicious at the time when I dined (in August 2013). Now in the cold light of day a few months on I can comment with perhaps a more reasonable perspective of things.

The food here was OK although I would say below par compared to many Italian family-type restaurants, maybe around the level of Zizzi's or Ask. I only had pasta though so I can't comment on the pizza which is perhaps better. However, the one thing that stood out for me, more than the food, was the total lack of courtesy displayed by the manager and the waitress at the time. There was a disagreement about the bill due to different interpretations of a promotional offer. I don't remember how much money was involved, but what I can still remember clearly was that when we were having this discussion the manager raised his voice several notches instead of explaining things patiently like all good managers should, even having the temerity to react furiously when I threatened not to pay the discretionary service charge as a result of his lack of politeness.

I accept that LFR was a new eatery in August and I don't rule out the possibility that the manager (who I think is still there) may have improved since then. I still walk by this restaurant on a daily basis as it's on my way to work, and I admit that I am tempted to try it again, if only just to see if my experience was a one-off aberration. Maybe I will one of these days, but until that day comes this is the first and only thing that comes to my mind about this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013