“Oh Dear”

Add it.
Odeon Muswell Hill
Ranked #285 of 409 Fun & Games in London
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very helpful staff but saw film in Screen 1 and paid £9.50 for a 'Standard ticket'. The seats were very tatty and miles away from the screen. Despite being almost empty I had difficulty in hearing the film and would have had a larger view had I sat at home.
You sit in the circle so even the 'Premier' seats are a good way from the screen.
Not a great experience. Go elsewhere.

1  Thank london1967

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I really felt about 12 again sitting in the circle of a classic cinema. What a huge ornate building, I could just about imagine the packed stalls below (actually now just a void behind Screens 2 & 3). Yes it's true the screen is a long way from the circle but it always was. Perhaps we've been spoilt by the modern boxes at the multiplex but do they have any character? I do feel Odeon could smarten the place up a little even if it's just to replace some light bulbs and when the temperature is in single figures outside a bit of heat would be welcome. Having said that though I'm really pleased that I went to see this splendid architectural beauty which is reflected in my rating (the film was good too).

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I'm a regular here - it's my closest cinema, and I love film. However, I have two issues with this place:

1 - The queues are always incredibly slow - even though I buy my tickets in advance, if I want popcorn the queue can take 10-15 minutes, even if there's 4-5 people in front.

2 - The main auditorium (screen 1) is a spectacular, art deco space. An amazing room. However, Odeon really fail to make the most of it. Firstly, only the balcony is actually used, which means unless you pay for Premium seats, you're really far from the screen. Second, I always find that, given the size of the room, the sound is alwaysd too quiet.

This has potential to be an amazing place, if Odeon ever rustled together enough money to invest something in it, but right now it's a fantastic art deco monument that is slowly rusting away.

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

As another reviewer has mentioned, this cinema was built in the 1930s and is therefore rather old and crumbly.

The screens are small and not very high-def, the tickets and snacks especially are overpriced (mind you, they are at most cinemas).

I would say avoid unless you cannot see the specific film you want elsewhere.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I dont class this as an attraction , it may be art deco but its not smart or snazzy . Just a rather scruffy cinema . Of if you live very near and want to see a current film , but dont travel out of your way . The girl who gave us our tickets wanted to be some where else and they sell the most expensive bottles of water in the whole world so be prepared. Everyman or phoenix are so much better special cinemas .

1  Thank claire m