“Not the best carbonara, but...”

Prezzo - Northumberland Avenue
Ranked #1,076 of 23,562 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I went to lunch with my daughter. We both had pasta carbonara. Since this is "italian" restaurant, I assumed I will have italian pasta also. Well, I am maybe too subjective, because I have been in Italy many times and ate real homemade italian pasta. This pasta was overcooked, was not al dente. Pasta is my fav dish and I am also maybe too critical. Carbonara sauce was not carbonara I usually eat. There was no egg inside and it was watery. But I give 4 points because the staff is nice and fast.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Situated a stones throw away from Trafalgar Square, great location! Service and food good as always and great value for money. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I was really disappointed with my visit to prezzo on Northumberland avenue. Good location that lives off the fact that tourists will come and go. The starters were like something from Iceland's freezer range. The calamari was dry and was meant to be served with a pesto mayonnaise. It just came with a dollop of plain mayonnaise. The breaded mozzarella was really horrid. Worse than Pizza Hut standard. The steak pizza came with freezing cold steak plonked on top with plenty of raw onions. The posh pepperoni pizza was the best of a bad bunch but the promised thin and crispy base was instead dense, doughy and not that nice. Not that cheap and service was abrupt. There are so many nice italian restaurants in London that I will never return here again. Italians would be horrified with what this restaurant considers italian food.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

For two years now this has been my choice of eatery after running the British 10K. Good pizza, OK wine and Particularly good service despite being there on busy Sunday lunch times. So yes, it seems it really is the staff that make a good restaurant.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We arrived without a reservation and were shown to a table which was a little small, but that's me just being picky! The service was quick and attention without being rushed. The starters were a little small, but the main courses of a good portion. The sweets were tasty as well. Overall at £110 for a family of 4 with one drink each wasn't too bad.