“A little taste of Cyprus in North London.”
Review of Thalassa Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

Thalassa Seafood Restaurant
Price range: US$27 - US$41
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2014

A family lunch to celebrate my Father's Birthday.

Thalassa is one of my local restaurants, which I enjoy visiting frequently. Today was a special meal for my Father as we were celebrating his birthday.

We chose from the lunch time menu and we all enjoyed our meals. The seafood linguine was very tasty and filling. Three of us chose the sea bass with salad for our main course, which was very tasty. My Mother ordered the pork kebab and when It was served with thick hand cut Cypriot chips, I had to order an extra portion for the rest of us.

The waiting staff were friendly and polite. I asked the lady if she wouldn't mind presenting the Birthday cake I had bought. She was more than happy to accommodate.

After our meal, both the female waiting staff brought out the cake and we all sang Happy Birthday. This made my Father feel special.

A very nice restaurant to enjoy a quiet meal or a family lunch/dinner.

I have eaten at Thalassa before and will be dining here again soon. I always enjoy my meal and find that the lunch time menu offers a good choice, there is an varied selection. I would highly recommend this for value and taste.

There are newer reviews for Thalassa Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Very good customer service, excellent meze for two, so much food though. Go to Thalassa, I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Went for Sunday lunch. We all chose to go with the Sunday set menu. It was OK. My food was cooked well, perhaps too well, but that is down to personal taste. There was a slight hiccup with one of the meals and the staff dealt with it perfectly, no quibbling. There were lots of big parties and therefore they were very busy. Staff were very polite. Would I go again? Possibly but perhaps not on a Sunday.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was a belated Valentine's dinner, which could not have been more special had it been on THE night! Not so much Greek Cypriot as Mediterranean, everything from the ambiance, to food, wine and hospitality, transported you from wintry London to the sunny Med - the only thing 'missing' was a tour round the kitchen :o) ! The ONLY niggle is the oh so sugary desserts. However, we'll be back...

1  Thank Borek K
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Went on 17.2.14 evening, party of 3.

Recommended by my partner and her family, so we went for my first time. I have to say, this is the first Greek restaurant I have been to, and do not think I want to go to another, the impression left here was too great an experience, I do not believe others can compare. We had the Fish Meze which was 3 big courses of amazing textures and flavours. From cold to hot platters, we sampled nothing less then high quality food, cooked and seasoned to perfection. The staff were very helpful, inviting and professional, engaging in polite conversation while looking after us. I can not describe how amazing this restaurant is, and as a fish lover too, this was a sample of heaven. I do HIGHLY recommend this venue, suitable for numerous occassions.
Ps> the amount of food you get for your money is more than "good value". The portions, and the quality, is better than alot of restaurants in the similar price or more expensive. Beautiful hygienic settings, excellent staff, more than attractive prices. As a MUST, try the Greek coffee. Its different, its aquired, but I think you should embrace the whole experience.

1  Thank Krdz