“Currently being updated” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #301 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Currently being updated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

I used to live in Ealing so chose the Caspian for its great location to the tube station, sainsburys and pubs. I booked the cheapest room available on purpose so wasnt expecting the Ritz. The friendly owner told me that they had started a redecortation program, my room was basic but clean sheets and room with TV, sink, kettle. Shared bathroom also clean (no toiletries). Breakfast was continental, filtered coffee, breads, meats, fruit, toast all fine. The breakfast room again basic but freshly decorated and clean. I pointed out that they needed to supply a bath mat. I was also allowed to leave my car in the car park for 6 hours whilst I attended my buisness meeting. It suited me well for the purposes of my visit.
I will stay again for the convienience and the friendly staff
The owner told me that they are currently working with the hotel inspectors to upgrade the hotel and achieve a better rating

Room Tip: I booked a room at the rear as I know that the night buses pass right in front of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
32 Thank TermiBear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

This is potentially one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I shall list the good things and the bad

Good:
We stayed one night, yet they still gave us a refund on our supposed 4-night stay.

Very friendly staff.

Bad:
Dusty room.
Wallpaper was stained in places and was falling off the wall.
Walls were dirty.
Shower was dirty.
Bathroom smelled.
Shower had a handle that you had to hold in your hand the entire time.
3x3 ft. Shower.
Bed was dusty and dirty.
Only given one towel per person.

I have slight breathing problems and on this trip I was awoken in the middle of the night. My lungs stopped working due to the dust and I had to rush for my inhaler in the middle of the night.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
33 Thank Gotmy
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

The Caspian is well located, being a very short walk from Ealing Broadway station and many restaurants and pubs. The manager and staff were friendly, and the room was cleaned daily. There is a free car park. Our ensuite room was warm and the shower was quite good.

However, for us, the good things ended there.

Full payment was insisted on on arrival (before I'd seen the room). This should have been a warning sign. When I went to book, the manager had shown me a room (the one featured on the website) which was fine, but ours was another story. It was in dire need of redecorating. There was an old noisy fridge in the corner, with an old TV, DVD player and a freeview box on top of it (all plugged into one socket which was falling off the wall using those adapters which electricians tell you not to use). The wallpaper was old and dirty in places. The bed had blankets, sheets and an old throw over it. There were no toiletries in the bathroom.

Breakfast consisted of some concentrated tropical fruit juice, two boxes of cereal and some instant coffee sachets. There were two of us staying there, but they could only give us one key, so if we weren't sure which of us were going to arriving back first we had to leave the key in our car!

If the Caspian was very cheap I would overlook these things, but having seen other options in Ealing at similar prices I would not recommend it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple