“Popular cafe/restaurant that cooks well”
Review of Belsize Kitchen

Belsize Kitchen
Ranked #6,987 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a regular hangout for family and friends. Good for dinner, lunch and breakfast. Limited menu but all dishes well made. Bit confused on the specialty diet side - they have gluten free muffins but they aren't always available. Monmouth coffee (one of my faves) and rotating starters keeps things interesting. They also do really great cakes for those of you looking for a coffee break in the afternoon.

Service is accommodating and if you're local you usually bump into someone you know here. There are also newspapers dotted around to browse through if it's quiet enough.

A lot of young families use this place on the weekend so it gets really noisy. This sometimes drives me away, unless the weather is nice enough to sit on the street - which is quieter!

Prices are as you expect them. Not cheap and not overly expensive.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Went for breakfast with my brother after walking in Hamstead Heath in March 2014. We both had the Eggs Royale and found them delicious and cooked to perfection. The cafe itself had a bustling atmosphere and the staff were attentive.

Would definitely recommend for a lazy weekend breakfast.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

This restaurant is amazing!!! The first couple times we came here was for coffee and pastries. Which are sooo good. The home-made croissants are crave-worthy! So we thought we would try the dinner menu since their other stuff was good. Wow! Our meals were fantastic. We had the white-bait starter (I'd never had before) and dipped in the tartar was soo good. My main was the vegetarian goat cheese and roasted veggie sandwich. It had good portions and plenty of the goat cheese. I ate up every crumb. My husband had the chorizo and beef stew, I kept dipping into his bowl for tastes. Finally for desert we had the Eton Mess and home-made ice cream. If you go there only for the Eton Mess it is worth it. It has a splash of wine to cut the sweetness and tart fresh fruit balanced the whole dish. We heard their brunch menu is out of this world so we will definitely come again.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

My wife and I love to eat here and take our friends. Pleasant atmosphere and great food in a lovely part of the city. Belsize make their stuff from scratch, including their own , baked goods, specialist breads and ice cream. Food tastes so much better that way. Best croissants we have tasted. Hope to get back their for a breakfast soon.

1  Thank Antony P
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

What a little gem the Belsize kitchen is!
Nice relaxed atmosphere, cracking food, good service all at very good value for money!
The Eton mess is to die for!
Although there is a good selection of restaurants in the same street, I personally feel this place is my favourite.

1  Thank darrenah