“Consistently high standard”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Cigalon serves authentic Provencal cuisine with a menu inspired by the beautiful flavours of the South of France. The restaurant is based in a magnificent former auction house on Chancery Lane, just off from The Strand and close to Covent Garden and The City. Our private dining room which comfortably seats 8 to 9 guests and our Chefs will design a menu tailored to your needs.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is one of my favourite restaurants in London and I've been now many times over the past two years. I decided to take up the offer for a four course special menu on a Friday night with a party of 5. I must say that both the service and food were to a very high standard (as always). The décor is also excellent, and very relaxing compared to some rather loud restaurants in central London. We were right next to the kitchen but that didn't detract from the experience in the slightest. I will be returning as I usually do on future business trips. Well done!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

It's not much use having a friendly fellow greet you at the door if you spend your meal at the mercy of a contender for least friendly waitress in London. Shame really, as the food here is pretty good - both me and my veggie other half were happy with our meals. Unfortunately, unless you think there's something charmingly authentic about being served by a person who couldn't make their desire to be anywhere else in the world rather than having to plonk food on your table clearer, I couldn't in good conscience recommend that you eat here.

Oh and by the way, when we very politely asked to move tables because we were too hot near the kitchen, could you not have tutted just a little louder? I'm not sure that everyone in the entire restaurant heard you.

3  Thank Nibbs1969
Reviewed 2 June 2014

First visit to this Restaurant for a working lunch. Food really good with a varied choice including a number of vegetarian dishes. Friendly service excellent coffee

1  Thank MrCliveC
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Dropped into Cigalon for an unplanned dinner at the end of a long day. Didn't know what to expect, the room was nice and airy, making us relax pretty quickly. We could have chosen every dish from the menu, being a bit of a francophile helped...and it was delicious from start to finish. The service was spot on too, not too rushed not too slow. The wine list had lots of bargains and it was easy to choose something not knowing much about Corsican wine. We left happy and will definitely go back when we are in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was with a very old friend and we had a lot of catching up to do. Cigalon was ideal! We had the set menu with the wine pairings to make choosing easier and we were not disappointed. The food was very good, the service good, but not too intrusive, and the wine choices unusual but worked well. I will be back!