“Modern setting, traditional and delicious food”
Review of ORA Restaurant - CLOSED

ORA Restaurant
Price range: US$34 - US$46
Cuisines: Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We had a Groupon offer for this restaurant so could only choose from a set menu but the food was delicious.
We had the Thai Fish cakes to start, followed by the North Eastern style pork with jasmine rice. Both were wonderful. The pork in particular was stunning. It was quite spicy but with lots of discernible flavours and an accompanying salad with a very piquant and delicious dressing.
The service was friendly but not intrusive and the ambience pleasant if a little quiet, though we didn't arrive until 10 on a Friday eve.

1  Thank TagineDream
There are newer reviews for ORA Restaurant

Reviewed 20 February 2013

We went here with a few friends for dinner.......No reception when we arrived......Staffs is not friendly at all, we get seated after a long wait. Food are very pricey as well as the drink. Starter was ok, main was very disappointing as a few of us waiting for the rice for at least 15 minutes and by the time the rice eventually on our table, all of us have finished our main course. We are not a very happy bunny :( Service is very bad......and we will not be back in future.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

came by ora by chance with a mate, we weren't quite sure what to expect as we just wanted some snacks and drinks. was greeted by a bubbly and friendly receptionist and it was busy as you would expect on a friday night, sitting by the door was not ideal but could not complain as we didn't book. our starters were better than expected, not oily or heavy but light and the calamari especially was cooked to perfection and not chewy! i'll definitely be back for a proper meal with the Mrs!

Reviewed 8 February 2013

I went here with a friend on a tuesday nigfht at 7pm. We reserved with living socially and paid up front for a set meal for 2 for £25. The resturant was very quiet on a Tuesday night, the main bar and seating area was not in use that night probably becuase it was so quiet. This area is very open plan and has a nice bar area. We sat in the side area which is quiet narrow.
The set meal was a starter, a main and a glass of wine. The red wine was like vinegar and was extremely poor quality. The menu for us booking through living socially was very small. I wanted a pad thai with chicken but they would only offer me a vegetarian pad thai. I asked if they could make me a chicken pad thai and they told me i would need to pay for a new dish. I settled for a chicken and chilli dish. This was over poweringly spicy and i had to exchange with my 'asian red hot spice eater' friend. I then tried the beef and brocoli dish. To my surprise this did not contain any spice or flavour what so ever; this dish was very bland and un thai like.

The beer prices were very expensive at £4 a bottle of tiger beer and £4.25 for a bottle of water.

Overall, i would not rush back for the food. It may be a better dining experience on a thursday/friday/sat night when the main bar area is open. The available food on our ilving socially menu was very small and poorly delivered. In short there's better places to go for food, service was a little rigid and value for money is poor.

dont go out of your way to go there on a quiet night!

1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Staff at reception not vey friendly. When we left they didn't even say goodbye. Had Pad Thai, was too lemony and not much else in it apart from noodles and tofu. There should have been a peanut and shallot garnish with pad thai but this was missing. No one came to ask if the everything was OK I had to ask for the garnish which is must for this dish. When I asked I was told we don't give it out because incase diners have a peanut allergy, why not ask this at the time of odering the dish. When the peanut garnish arrived it was only just that, peanuts chopped up. It should have been deep fried shallots and garlic, ground up and then toasted peanuts added to this. I am not Thai but I know this is how it should be so if you run a Thai restaurant strange this is not known to the chef!

2  Thank juliaScarborough