“Love this place”

Ranked #6,038 of 23,375 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I held my boyfriends surprise 30th birthday here lasat wekeend and it was perfect. The staff were incredibly helpful prior to booking and on the night. Great food and drinks selection. Would recommend for all occasions.

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

This is the second time that we have come here for Sunday roast and I have to say the Hemingway's roast beef is probably the tenderest & tastiest pub roast that I have ever had! (and I've had a lot of pub roasts!). We had the baked chocolate sandwich with ice cream for pudding (delicious!), then just when we had finished a waitress dropped a pepper mill onto my wine glass which then splashed red wine all over my white chinos! Who cares! The food was superb and the waitress was SO apologetic and they knocked the cost of the bottle of wine off the bill... my trousers are already in the wash and I'll be back again for another great Sunday roast pretty soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Come for the exceptional Beef Wellington which is made to order so takes while to produce but that does not matter because the pub atmosphere is great . The place loses a star on account of the appearance and attitude of the staff ; they appear they could not care less and tatoos , metal and woolley hats on waiter do not really appeal to me.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Had a cracking Sunday lunch here with a group of friends. It seems worryingly clichéd on arrival - near Viccy Park, it's full of oh so trendy staff and loads of bikes tied up outside. There are plenty of places like that around already.

Inside, it's full of stuffed animals, surprisingly friendly staff for this part of town and cosy seats plus tables. There's plenty of space outside too. The menu is a proper grown up menu too. There's a choice of different roasts, no gimmicks and plenty of other options. The prices seemed more acceptable than some other gastro pubs too. The Beef Wellington looked impressive and my veggie roast was one of the best I've had, packed full of flavour.

It's also got a good wine list and some choice beers.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

It's a gastro pub but isn't trying. Great music, friendly nice staff, serves good ales as well as strong foreign lagers, decent cider. V interesting and varied clientele, decor is great, some interesting taxidermy including what looks like a howler monkey, or possibly The Grinch.. Always a nice atmosphere. Food is of a VERY high standard. Perfectly located near the park.