“Excellent food & service to an affordable price”
Review of Gurkha Cottage

Gurkha Cottage
Ranked #5,084 of 24,255 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We where 17 people dropping in without an reservation and they handled us very well, with excellent service. The menu is a mix of Nepalese and Indian food. Appetisers (£2.95-5.95), Tandooris (£6.70-11.50), Cottage Platters (£10.49-13.95), Veggies (£5.70), Poultry (£6.45-8.80), Lamb (£6.80-7.40) and Seafood (£6.95-11.95). I had the Nepalese speciality, Lamb Momo as a starter. Delicious. And the Karahi for main. Excellent.

I strongly recommend the place and the lovely couple who's been running it since 2002.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Have been here a couple of times now, and pleased each time I've gone back. Impeccable service and very tasty food at reasonable prices. Nepalese made a nice change from the Indian and Pakistani curry houses and grills I normally go to. The food here is more about flavour and spice that sheer "hotness" so if you like your food hot you should tell them.

Would highly recommend the Nepalese fish curry (Malekhu Machha), a couple of my friends chose the butter chicken which they were very happy with. I'd also go for the momos as a starter which are traditional Nepalese dumplings but they are very light and won't spoil your appetite for the main,

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Staying in Crystal Palace for a couple of weeks we have stayed on a number of occasions but had never eaten at the Gurkha. We chose this restaurant because it served Nepalese cruising. The food was excellent. We both chose our main course from the Chefs specialities ( Lamb ) the Staff Curry and Gurkhali Lamb both delicious. This was a Wednesday evening and a little quiet. Good for us excellent service and a good chat to the very friendly waiter about Nepal and the Chitwan national park. We will be returning.

1  Thank twyGlos
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Although it's my first visit but loved the friendly service and great food. I had Duck Choila as recomended by waiter, really impressed. Curry dishes were also nice and my girlfriend is very happy with chicken bhutwa. will be back soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My wife and I were in Crystal palace for the weekend and on Trip Advisors' recommendation went to the Gurkha Cottage on Saturday night. Shared popadoms and a onion baghi and had the "Staff Curry" with pilau rice and a Peshwari nan. All delicious and served in a polite and friendly style. Large selection of dishes on the menu with plenty of variety and good sized portions. Thoroughly enjoyable evening.