The room which me and my husband stayed in for 8 nights was very spacious and light. Light color of the room complimented by fresh flowers that were periodically replaced by John added even more airy and relaxing atmosphere. Even though the bedroom is not en-suite we didn't feel any discomfort because the bathroom is located next door, we were exclusive users of it and we were not disturbed because both rooms are located on the upper floor away from owners rooms.
The bedroom and bathroom were organized and cleaned every day. John and Norma thought of many little things that guest might need during their stay like scissors, UK power adaptor, daily printout of weather forecast, toothpaste, bath salts, Oyster transportation cards and many other.
The breakfast was vegetarian with selection of fresh fruits, dairy products and eggs. We had a chance to be served by John while Norma was away, John was serving us breakfast with the same excellence as Norma did and it was very nice to chat with him during breakfast or evening tea times.
B&B is located in Northen London away from busy and stressfull center. The neighbourhood is perfect, nice houses, quiet and peacefull atmosphere. It was not difficult for us to get to central London, the bus stop for tube is located very close to the house. The trip to central London was taking no more than 35 minutes by tube. It is good alternative for central London accomodation, we enjoyed quietness of neighborhood and were able to travell all around London with no problem.
1) Quiet, peaceful and safe neighborhood
2) Close location of bus stops for buses that go to tube station and shops/restaurants in the area.
3) Restaurants in the area are very good, can advise Japanese/Korean restaurant Midori and Italian pasta bar Fasta that we very much enjoyed several times. We liked them much better than the ones in central London.
4) Spacious and light room with big and comfortable bed
5) Friendliness and helpfulness of owners
6) Free of charge laundry
7) Attention to detail and to the needs of the guests
8) Flexibility in room prices when choosing longer stay
9) Privacy for us means a lot. During our stay we never been disturbed or bothered by owners.
1) The same food every day: despite of good selection of fruits, diary products and pastries for breakfast we got used to the same set of food and after 3-4 days couldn't eat it with the same passion like on first days. Even though the breakfast looked absolutely perfect, maybe it would be better to alternate various dishes, add several small salads, various non sweet spreads or even add fish to make them more filling and warming during cold times.
2) We felt cold at times: the temperature of the shower was not enough warm for us. The temperature of water could be adjusted up to 38 maximum which was not enough during colder days and we had to fill the bath tube with hot water to warm ourselves up. The heating in the house was not running periodically, it seemed to us that it was on during the day and was off closer to morning hours which were the coldest.
The above mentioned CONS are minor and we don't consider them significant disadvantages. It all depends on the people and their needs. If we needed to stay in London again we would pick the same B&B. The most important for us was a good and friendly attitude, the feeling of safety and relaxation during our stay and the comfort of our room. This B&B would be good for a romantic stay for couples, business trip as the room has a table, two comfortable chairs and an armchair. It will also suite a family as they have additional room for extra family member or children.
Overall we very much liked our stay at John and Norma's Homestay B&B and would advise it to everyone who value privacy, luxury accommodation and quiet atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a new B&B in the vibrant Muswell Hill area of North London. Our nearest tube stations are Highgate and Bounds Green. We have a stylish double room and a single/twin room, both with LCD televisions and Wi-Fi. You can book the double room on its own with exclusive use of the bathroom, or book both rooms and share the bathroom. Perfect for a family of 3-4 or a group of 3-4 adults. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- John And Norma`s Homestay Hotel London
- John And Norma`s Homestay Bed And Breakfast