“Lovely food, great value”
Review of The Cedar

The Cedar
Ranked #3,346 of 24,420 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$24
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Ordered takeaway from here twice now and both times it was really lovely. Everything tastes so good!

Last night we ordered 2 dishes with rice and they brought extra bread, olives and pickles for free. It was loads of food for 2 people and we were very satisfied and full.

My only slight criticism is that they could do with finding a way to keep the food hotter for delivery. If they could do that it would be 5 stars every time!

1  Thank Sidface

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The food at Cedar is absolutely astonishing. There really are not enough words to describe the taste of the food here. I have been to many Lebanese restaurants on Edgware Road and one ill-fated awful meal in East London, but Cedar is far far far and away the best.
I went with my girlfriend last Friday. We did not have a booking and the place was rammed, but I struggled through and asked the friendly girl preparing drinks at the counter if they had any space later in the evening. She said no problems and to come back in an hour.
As we returned, she was just setting out our table and handed us the menus, coming back with a complementary bowl of nuts a minute later.
The food here really is to die for. We shared the Soujouk and Hoummos Shawarma to begin with. The Soujouk is without doubt the very best meal I have had in my entire life, so absolutely delicious my mouth is watering now just reliving the experience! And such a large portion, especially compared to the minute dishes I have received in other restaurants! I simply cannot recommend it highly enough. The Hoummos was also delightful.
We shared the Mixed Grill for our main but could not finish it, so full were we! And believe me, I am never that easily filled!! This was also delicious, but seeing as we couldn't finish it we asked if we could get the rest to take away, which proved no problem whatsoever.
Along with a couple of beers, the bill was a fraction of what one would pay elsewhere, and added to the excellent service and moutains of frankly amazing food, we'll definitely be going here again - as soon as possible!!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I am of Lebanese origin with a mum who is a great cook and I have finally found a place that tasted as good as home. The tabbouleh is the best i have ever had and the serving is double the serving in any other restaurants. Highly recommend this place.

1  Thank vivienne l
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Nicely run place, nice for afternoon lunch or for breakfast. The food is average in quality. They provide fresh bread, compared to other Lebanese restaurants in London, this one is a value for money. However they do not have a speciality exotic plate.

1  Thank Manuk311
Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

Great place to nip into for lunch. The hommous is creamy, pickles sharp, bread and salad fresh and portions great size. And they let you take away what you don't eat. The tabbouleh is really fresh too so don't miss that. I live locally and will def try dinner there soon as the homecooked food looked delicious too.