“Terrible”

The Cedar
Ranked #3,224 of 22,516 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Terrible”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I ordered food almost two hours ago. No food and no one picks up the phone. We are really hungry and they fail to order. Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence. I wish I had used someone else.

• Visited April 2014

London
“Good food and great value”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The Cedar restaurant in Maida Vale is small, simply decorated and clean. The Lebanese meze we had were all good and tasty - I often eat in the many similar restaurants on Edgeware Road and everything here was just that bit better than most. Makanek (small Lebanese sausages with pine kernels and lemon juice) were plentiful and delicious. Hummus Shawarma (hummus with slices of marinated lamb) was good and as it should be. Fatoush - a simple salad - was crisp and refreshing, the dressing plentiful and tasty, and was lifted by a topping of thin crisps of toasted bread. Sfeeha Baalbakieh were warmly satisfying oven-baked samosa-like triangles of good pastry stuffed with minced lamb, crushed tomatoes, onion and pine kernels, accompanied by good freshly baked hot flatbreads and crudites. The house red at under £17 was a mouth-filling Château Ksara Le Prieuré which served as a reminder of how good Lebanese wines can be. At £39 for a delicious meal for two with wine it was not surprising that The Cedar was nearly full on a Wednesday night. And we took home enough for a light lunch the following day! The staff were friendly, smiling and very helpful - they asked a couple next to us to move so that they could use that table to give us more room. They were featured in London's Evening Standard as the best take-away and everything on the menu can be home delivered. What's not to like? Will definitely be going back and can thoroughly recommend it both for the food and for great value for money.

• Visited April 2014
London
“Lovely food, great value”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Ordered takeaway from here twice now and both times it was really lovely. Everything tastes so good!

Last night we ordered 2 dishes with rice and they brought extra bread, olives and pickles for free. It was loads of food for 2 people and we were very satisfied and full.

My only slight criticism is that they could do with finding a way to keep the food hotter for delivery. If they could do that it would be 5 stars every time!

1 Thank Sidface
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing!! You really must eat here!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The food at Cedar is absolutely astonishing. There really are not enough words to describe the taste of the food here. I have been to many Lebanese restaurants on Edgware Road and one ill-fated awful meal in East London, but Cedar is far far far and away the best.
I went with my girlfriend last Friday. We did not have a booking and the place was rammed, but I struggled through and asked the friendly girl preparing drinks at the counter if they had any space later in the evening. She said no problems and to come back in an hour.
As we returned, she was just setting out our table and handed us the menus, coming back with a complementary bowl of nuts a minute later.
The food here really is to die for. We shared the Soujouk and Hoummos Shawarma to begin with. The Soujouk is without doubt the very best meal I have had in my entire life, so absolutely delicious my mouth is watering now just reliving the experience! And such a large portion, especially compared to the minute dishes I have received in other restaurants! I simply cannot recommend it highly enough. The Hoummos was also delightful.
We shared the Mixed Grill for our main but could not finish it, so full were we! And believe me, I am never that easily filled!! This was also delicious, but seeing as we couldn't finish it we asked if we could get the rest to take away, which proved no problem whatsoever.
Along with a couple of beers, the bill was a fraction of what one would pay elsewhere, and added to the excellent service and moutains of frankly amazing food, we'll definitely be going here again - as soon as possible!!

• Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I am of Lebanese origin with a mum who is a great cook and I have finally found a place that tasted as good as home. The tabbouleh is the best i have ever had and the serving is double the serving in any other restaurants. Highly recommend this place.

• Visited December 2013