“Excellent food.... World class.”

Marco Pierre White - Wheeler's of St. James's
Price range: US$28 - US$112
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Description: An elegant British restaurant and bar, Marco Pierre White - Wheeler's of St. James was set up as a collaborative effort between Marco Pierre White and Sir Rocco Forte, with the intention of serving the finest authentic British cuisine. Presented and served with the style and flair that Marco Pierre White's restaurants are renowned for, you can enjoy a combination of classic and contemporary British cuisine from a menu that changes every three months to ensure that every visit offers a different dining experience. Wheeler's of St James's is situated on the site of Madame Prunier's fish restaurant, one of the capital's most fashionable eateries in the first half of the last century. The restaurant's glamorous dining room, private room and bar belie its traditional exterior and have made it a popular fine dining destination. The spacious interior allows a host of private events, launches and parties to be catered for. For smaller groups, Wheeler's of St. James's stylish private room is a superb location for business meetings, private dinners or exclusive receptions. Just a step back from the bustling pace of Piccadilly, Marco Pierre White - Wheeler's of St. James has quickly established itself as a haven of fine dining and discreet, considerate service. A firm favourite with locals, tourists and visitors to Central London, the passion of the staff promises the best food and the best service for your visit.
Reviewed 26 March 2014

It was my first trip here..., but I'd heard lots of good things so it had a lot to live up to. Of course, it did!

On arrival, we were shown to the bar where we ordered drinks and waited for the rest of our party to arrive. Great wine list - but its far from cheap....!!!!!

As there were 5 of us, we decided to have the Chateaubriand, half rare and half medium, and a couple of table steaks. We then ordered a couple of bottles of red to accompany the steak and the team were more than happy to suggest some. The bottle the gentleman recommended was fantastic and complimented the steak perfectly.

The staff were friendly and helpful, happy to help with your choice by suggesting sauces, accompaniments and anything else you were unsure of. It was a fantastic evening and I'll be returning soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Very Disappointed in the standard of the waiting staff and service.

The food was a total disappoiment!Dishes described wonderful on the menu,but obviously the Chefs in the kitchen couldnt execute them.
If the hotel uses, and Marco allows, Marco Pierre White's name as a marketing point, then, they and Marco, should make sure that the customers are getting a certain (Marco) standard ,as that is the expectations. I had friends waiting for my feedback, as they did want to try the restaurant, but I couldnt reccommend it unfortunatley.

2  Thank rosalyn776
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Tried to visit last week. The restaurant is closed, and has a sign on the door saying closed indefinitely for renovations.

1  Thank Paul_CNX
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was supposed to be a joyous celebration of my recent engagement.

When we got there the place was pretty empty, and after my experience I know why.

When ordering our starters you had run out of two things we wanted to order – not the best start.
When ordering our mains everything seemed fine – until we were told you only had 1 portion of chips left (4 out of 5 of us had ordered a meal with chips) – I’m not an expert but what kind of restaurant runs out of chips?!
The steak was OK, nothing special. If people want a good steak restaurant in London go to Hawksmoor - fantastic.

When we asked our waitress if the restaurant runs out of food often we were told that it depends if they've had a busy lunch, I’m sorry but an establishment like this should ensure that there is enough food for all guests, especially ones who have made reservations far in advance. We spent a large amount of time searching for a nice restaurant to suit all of our tastes, next time I’ll be sure to stick to the restaurants I know.

Marco Pierre sohuld not be proud of this restaurant, in fact, I would of had a better experience at a Wetherspoons!

1  Thank MoreB2012
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the other reviews I was slightly dubious about our visit. Especially since we had booked through a Living Social deal. However, we had a really enjoyable meal. The food was delicious , our steaks were all cooked exactly how we wanted, and the staff were very attentive. The only downside, and the reason it didn't get 5 stars, was the atmosphere was quite flat. Aside from this I Would definitely recommend.