“The worst Yo Sushi we have been to.”

YO! Sushi - Russell Square
Ranked #14,216 of 22,664 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
“The worst Yo Sushi we have been to.”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We popped into this branch after a visit to the British Museum on the 30th May (my birthday) for a little bit of lunch as Yo Sushi had sent me a birthday voucher. We regularly attend the Chester branch and really like it so had high hopes.

We received a lukewarm welcome as it appeared we'd disturbed our server whilst he was filling up napkins. I explained it was my birthday and I had a voucher, had this have been the Chester branch i would have been wished a happy birthday and asked how my day was going).

The belt was very empty so everything we wanted we had to ask for which made our server even more frustrated.

We ordered some hot food and 45 minutes later I had to ask a different server where it was. Finally an hour after we'd sat down my rice turned up. A second rice to turned up 5 minutes later, which I said I didn't want, the server looked cross and walked off.

But the most disappointing part of the whole visit is that had I have seen the state of the toilets before our food had arrived I would have told the kids we were leaving without eating as the toilets were so incredibly dirty.

• Visited May 2014

Calgary, Canada
“Ho Hum Sushi”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Nice dining concept, sitting around a track system that moves selectable sushi dishes past you. Pick and choose, price based on the color of the plate. Not a tremendous selection of sushi or rolls. Not as fresh as we have experienced from other sushi restaurants. Menus are colourful and fun to read. Waitress call button at your table, and a soda or water tap at your table so you can fill your glass ( for a price of course). It is an interesting eating experience and we have seen a variety of track systems including trains, boats etc. But to grade this experience based on the freshness and quality of the sushi then this is just average. The price of 68 GBP is steep for sushi and rolls that realty don't stand out.

• Visited June 2014
“One of the best Yo! Sushi branches in London!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The standard of food quality in this branch is always consistent,service from staffs always excellent. This is one of my favourite branches of Yo! Sushi in London!

• Visited December 2013
Burnaby, Canada
“This place has gone down hill ”
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to Yo! Sushi for years and I have observed on my last trip with family on Saturday that it really has gone down hill. There were hardly any sushi on the conveyor belt bar. The ones that were there were things with crab stick and mayonnaise, not authentic Japanese sushi.

I ordered a katsu curry which was luke warm and not very good. The pumpkin koroke was nice but most of the food was poor quality.

There used to be a lot of sushi on the bar now you have to order and wait ages to receive anything. My order from the menu took ages to arrive despite it being a third full restaurant.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Good meal - only disappointment was the welcome on arrival”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We returned here, having eaten here before. We like Yo Sushi, so we know what we are getting.
On arrival, a lady shouted across the restaurant to us when we were waiting by the door. She should have walked across to us, and spoken at normal volume. This was bad.
Otherwise all was ok. We had a chat with the manager, who was conducting her duties. She is a very nice Scottish lady.
We liked the food we had as ever.
So overall it's good, and we will return. Just that little service issue to work on.

• Visited August 2013