“Excellent value. Great taste.”
Review of Oriental Taste

Oriental Taste
Ranked #9,706 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent value. Great taste.”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I love this little place. It's great value for money, friendly staff, lovely authentic food and a very varied menu. I'm sorry but I just cannot understand the bad review on here. Not my experience at all. I will return again and again. I've delayed putting this review on here as one my favourite things about this place is it's rarely busy but I figured they deserve the business!

1 Thank Chungrowe
xwendiex, Guest Relations Manager at Oriental Taste, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
Thank you for your loyalty to us. We really appreciate our regulars and of course really welcome those who are new to us. Whoever the customer is we always try and serve them like family, all with a smile. As we are off the main road we can be quite quiet at times but I suppose it creates a more relaxing and homely feel which some like =). I understand however food can delay when it gets busy as we only have one chef but it's worth the wait! One day when you're in a rush you can always call in to order and your meal will be ready in the time you required to have it by, eat-in or takeaway. Once again, thank you for your lovely review. Hope to see you soon!

London, United Kingdom
“Double check your order, triple check your bill!”
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Overcharged by 70p, forgot the soup, later claimed that we had been given large rices without asking for them, was undercharged for one item, and hadn't ordered the soup. While I looked in to the empty restaurant I was then told "Sorry I have customers. I won't talk to you any more." Avoid like the plague, these guys are a scam. I can see why they are always empty now! I wouldn't recommend these guys to my worse enemy.

On top of this, it's an empty, grotty looking restaurant with similar standards of food to any other £8 a head takeaway in the area, only these guys don't deliver. We only used them because they are always empty so we wanted to support a local business.

• Visited April 2011
xwendiex, Guest Relations Manager at Oriental Taste, responded to this review, 8 May 2011
I am terribly sorry for your poor experience at Oriental Taste. As front waitress during weekdays lunchtimes I understand how important it is to put customers' needs first and to be attentive to their comments. As you mentioned delivery I imagined you ordered during evening hours and so on behalf of the manager I apologise for overcharging you. I must admit we do calculate things wrong sometimes I really hope you can forgive us for our clumsiness. Our business is more lively during certain lunch hours as it is not on the main road. I really hope you can give us another chance, maybe during lunch when I can apologise to you directly. It is a completely different atmosphere. We will always welcome you back. Nevertheless, I'm sincerely sorry about your bad experience at our restaurant.
Middlesex
“Well cooked good value noodles and stirfry”
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Tucked away in a little side street just where Camberwell starts off Grays Inn Road, Oriental Taste offers surprisingly good cooking for the price. Much of the menu is the sort of standard Cantonese influenced stuff everyone will be familiar with, but it's all well and freshly done and served in copious quantities with a friendly smile. Prices mostly £5-£7. There's a good set lunch menu. Most worthy of note, however, are the excellent noodle soups and Vietnamese soups: Pho Ga (chicken) and Pho Bo (beef) particularly. Healthy, simple, fresh, in a nice big bowl. One drawback is the eating area gets pretty chilly in winter. They do takeaway too.

• Visited January 2011
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so glad you enjoy our freshly prepared food which includes our freshly made chicken stock and beef stock for our Pho. We always try and make customer feel welcomed in and relax as we understand it's just what you need after a long morning or day at work. We have however installed new heating but of course if it's not enough feel free to ask for a portable heater to be placed beside you. Your comfort is also very important to us =). And yes takeaways are definitely welcomed too and most at a cheaper price too so you an enjoy our food wherever you are.