“Needs working aircon!”

Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Bella Italia boasts a prime location along Old Brompton Road in the heart of London's upmarket South Kensington. Found just down the road from South Kensington tube station, Bella Italia offers affordable Italian dining in rustic bistro style surroundings. Decked out in the signature Bella Italia style and colours, this South Kensington branch is a well loved destination for those who don't want to make too much of a dent in their wallet. Tuck into classic Italian pizzas such as the Speck e Rucola (smoked Italian ham and rocket with smoked mozzarella) or delicious pasta dishes like the mushroom risotto with torn chicken breast. Desserts such as the tiramisu or the mascarpone cheesecake certainly end things on a high.
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Needs working aircon!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

OK. Unspectacular, but comfortable and not too crowded. Decent menu and not too expensive. However, it definitely needs air-conditioning in the hot weather.

Visited July 2014

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
“Perhaps”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

It was dinnertime, all the restaurants we wanted to eat at were full; we grabbed an available table at Bella Italia upstairs. Perhaps it air was not as stuffy downstairs. When I could not find a green salad on the menu, our waitress said she would have one made for me. Without question, it arrived looking good, crisp rocket lettuce, with extra virgin olive oil on it. Was surprised it came dressed; but the bigger surprise was it came full of fine grained sand throughout. Perhaps the greens were not washed. The service was slow; perhaps a member of their staff did not show up. To my American taste, our Margareta pizza was inferior to the three previously ordered Margareta pizzas. It came without any basil leaves. One member of our party suggested perhaps there was dried basil in the pizza itself. Perhaps so, but I could not taste it. A local gentleman at the next table was enjoying a bowl of spaghetti with shrimps. Perhaps I should have ordered that.

Sandefjord, Norway
“magnificent”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very polite and happy servers, food is coming fast. Very good quality on food.
Going there next time I am going to London

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Slow service and bland food”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stopped in for breakfast because the menu looked diverse enough for our family. Service was terribly slow once our order was taken. It took more than 30 minutes for food to arrive. Once it did the eggs were cold - they had clearly been plated for some time. The advertised ciabatta bread was just a toasted hamburger bun. There was no mozzarella on a mozzarella sandwich. The omelette was over cooked to the point of being burned. Overall a terrible experience. There are plenty of other choices nearby. Skip this one.

London, United Kingdom
“If in a hurry, don't go”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Went there with my 2 children, sat upstairs at 12.40pm, order taken promptly but that's all that was good. It's now 1.30pm and nothing, no starter no main courses!!! Finally the order for the table next to us was served, that customer arrived just after us (I noticed that because upstairs was empty when we arrived and he arrived shortly after us), I was about to complain when our food arrived, fine, no issue whatsoever but it took almost an hour to get a pizza, a portion of pasta, garlic bread & a burger!!!!! I have to mention too that we were not offered Parmesan cheese or black pepper for our food, maybe not the children but at least me! I was angry already so we asked for the bill as soon as we finished eating and the wait begins again, 5 minutes when by so I asked for it again plus told the waiter "I need the bill, I don't want to have to wait for another half an hour" to which he replied "well! You have to wait, you're not the only table here!!! I have other customers to serve!" I went to speak to the manager and told her what happened to which she replied, "oh, I'm sorry but did he say that?" That was her contribution,then she went to continue with "other customers", never been there before and won't go back there, I should have followed my son's advice and go across the road to another Italian.

Visited June 2014