“DO NOT BOOK THIS HOSTEL!!!!”
Review of Arsenal Tavern

Arsenal Tavern
Ranked #600 of 959 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

If you're feeling optimistic about this hostel and still think that all the comments are exagerated, well please change your.mind! The pictures are a euphemism of the actual state of the hostel!

Zone 2 is far from the city center! You'll just end up spending your money on transport rather than on a descent place to sleep!

Rooms are tiny, the hostel smells very bad, everything is dirty!
The staff is useless!

I will never recommend this hostel despite its price!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Trust all bad reviews about this hostel and try to find a better one!

The atmophere is terrible.
The rooms were filthy.
The toilets are also filthy and to small.
The staffs are rude and unhelpful.
The lockers are too small.

I'll never come back here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Daniel G
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The hostel is decent. The bunk beds are small and stacked three high. There were 15 people in the room i stayed in. It was pretty packed, but at the same time easy to meet people. We went out a few nights with people we met from our room. The bathroom is small, so are the lockers. The staff was nice. The beds are upstairs, and downstairs there is a common room for guests of the hostel and is connected to the tavern. The location was good. There are a lot of small bars and restaurants nearby, and its about a 5 minute walk from the underground station. Its also pretty close to the Emirites stadium where Arsenal play. Overall, its OK, not fancy, but its a pretty convenient location and apart from sleeping I didnt spend much time in the hostel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The room was extremely small and crowded, hardly any space to turn around, I could pack my luggage only in the corridor at the lockers room, and the (common) bathroom is very small too. Really just a bed, do not expect any private place. Not really clean, but neither awful. However the main hall is atmospheric, you get a locker (5Ł deposit for the key), free wi-fi and even a simple (cornflakes and toast) breakfast is included in the price, and the location is quite good (in the zone 1-2, about 6-7 min walk from Finsbury or Arsenal tube station). I recommend if you have no high needs and just want a bed for 1-2 nights for bargain price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2013

First of all it's not bunk beds they have..there is 3 beds bottom(on the ground) middle and top (way too high and difficult getting up and down) you wouldn't want to be big because the mattress is very narrow and thin. Secondly , went to take a shower NO WATER!, ..supposedly this is a common problem, not even in the taps. Seems to be first come first clean. I was also told when there is water it only lasts in 15 second bursts and is sometimes cold.
Just for the record I travelled for 2 yrs staying in loads of hostels some bad but I've never written a review but I think no water takes the biscuit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2013

beds are squeeeky the rooms are very small and packed,not bad if you are staying as a group but not ideal for strangers in one room,the rooms are too small.

bathroom cleanliness was poor/average as you'd expect in a public facility definitatley doesnt exced your expectations.

ok for the price,last minute stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

This place is good if you have low standards and aren't staying for too long. I stayed for 4 nights I believe (which was too long) but for 10 euros a night I couldn't complain. Breakfast was cereal, coffee/tea, and toast, which was more than I got at my last hostel so I was thankful for that! The rooms however were dirty and although I saw the cleaning people, I don't think they ever came into the rooms. Our private bathroom shower sucked because I couldn't reach it to turn it on...I'm 5 feet tall and if I was traveling alone I wouldn't have been able to use it but I was with my boyfriend so he had to come in and turn it on for me. What kind of shower has the on button 8 feet up!? Also, the other showers were awful. They had fungus (looked like mushrooms) growing out near the base. I don't understand why those weren't just cleaned up...overall it wasn't an awful place but it wasnt the cleanest. Staff were really nice and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013