“sort of authentic.”

Cuisines: Russian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pimlico
Description: Russian restaurant in Central London with live music, karaoke and home made foodOpen from 4pm till late, Monday - Saturday
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Visited with Russian friend who loved the food & said it was authentic atmosphere.
Food - hmmm - to my taste was ok - just. Russian beer - tick. Russian vodka - tick. Wine - not tick - low quality.
Staff very friendly.
Is like a cafe in a shopping centre. Bright lights. Thumping disco music. Kitsch decor.
An interesting evening. That I am not sure I would repeat without russian friends.
Tastecard = 50% off food - tick, Shame most of our spend was on beer & vodka - not tick.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Visited last night with a groupon voucher for the Russian experience. Staff were very helpful and polite and explained that we could order anything from the menu exept the sturgeon and the fruit and that the service charge is not included in the groupon price. The interior looks good. We started with the pancake and red caviar, very tasty, I just wish there was more of it. Two shots of vodka came at the same time included in the deal.
A bottle of red/white wine is also included, and the wine (I'm not that fussy about wine) was a french house white, a kind of wine that can be picked up in supermarket in Calais for 3 euros a bottle. Starters wise, I had the Russian soup with smoked meats (quite tasty for me), a savoury broth with pieces of smoked ham, and slices of salamis and sausage. My better half, grilled halloumi cheese with salad. Ordinary.
Mains were a panfried seabass (a touch small the fillet but really enough for one portion) with yet another salad on the side, thank god the desertdidn'thave any saladleaves with it otherwise we could have turned into goats.The fish was tasty and well cooked.I had the Russian goulash, a beef and vegetable stew served inside a big loaf of bread. Quite salty and thick, needed something to lift it up, but tasty. The bread in which it was served was heavy and dry, and on second thought I would have preferred the stew in a bowl and slices of toasted, buttered bred on the side.
For desert the walnut and honey cake was briliant, and the Russian ''Napoleon'' cake needed some work. Dry layered pastry, with this one you're in trouble should you have weaker dentures.
To summarize, I might go again and try different things next time if I'm in the area, a 3hour round trip it's not worthed, I can get the same (obviously not Russian) quality closer to home.

1  Thank Grogoman
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I went two days in a row as I had no reason to look elsewhere after the first occasion. Being within great proximity to both victoria station (which I found handy given commuting is spot on) and my hotel juiciest part of london belgravia, they've offered great ambience, live music, good food, pleasantly accommodating owners and topped it up with late-night-stay karaoke for free (!! - rare in these parts of the world :))
I had my doubts after the first visit (albeit good food, prices were questionable), however this time around I left full and overhappy.
Do pop in if you are in london and looking for good spot to crack on a good evening

Reviewed 2 July 2013

My partner and I went for dinner with a Groupon voucher including 3 course meal dor two,a bottle of red or white house wine,two vodka shots and caviar canape for two.Everything for 40 pounds!
The food was absolutely amazing,I highly recommend the cheese pie,lamb cutlets as a main and the Strogonnof.
The service was great and quick and also really helpfull.
Thank you and regards to Daenis,the waiter,who explained us everything about each dish and gave us the perfect choices.
Definetely a very good choice!

1  Thank Laura F
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We went to dinner on a Groupon which included a shot of vodka, some caviar and a bottle of house wine. The food was delicious and the service was really nice. THe restaurant itself is a little quirky, I think they are going for Russian kitsh as a decor, but in general, had a wonderful evening here! The desserts were the only thing that were lacking.