“Best lunch menu in town”

Amaranto Restaurant - Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane
Ranked #755 of 24,437 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$26 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have had the lunch menu (2 courses for £19) more than 5 times recently and every time it is different and delicious. Service is of normal four seasons standard - ie, very good. Great normal a la carte menu - the aged Parmesan is a must!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Salad Nicoise was excellent served with freshly cooked tuna to your own preference. I'm not a fan of tuna, I find the flesh too dense normally but this came up as a succulent tender piece of fish. The Singaporean Noodles were, in comparison, a little underwhelming. Lots of it, the dish was huge with an enormous pile of noodles but they didn't taste like freshly cooked noodles, too dry although lots of pieces of meat and fish. The Sea Bream was excellent and although the side plates are extra at £2 each must be one of - if not the cheapest in London. Decent sized quantities and reasonably tasty. Coffee at £4 comes without any petite fours.
My one complaint is that asking for tap water didn't work! We found ourselves with a bottle of Four Seasons water - and were charged £5.50 plus 15% service. Wine is terribly expensive - £48.50 for a bottle of Sancerre. Be aware!

2  Thank Alan W
FourSeasonsLondon, Director of Food and Beverage at Amaranto Restaurant - Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Alan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your recent experience with us at Amaranto. We were delighted to read you enjoyed your Salad Nicoise and Sea Bream, and please rest assured we will look into your other feedback regarding the noodles, wine selection and the issue with receiving tap water.

We do hope you give us another opportunity to welcome you back to Amaranto, at which time we will spare no effort in providing you with the perfect experience.

Jean Pittion

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had visited the Four Seasons Park Lane for an afternoon tea on a Sunday with friends and a baby. The service was amazing and the venue was the same too! The live piano player added a great touch of style.

We were kindly greeted by a doormen and swiftly guided and seated to our reserved table. The food was very good - we were asked if we wanted more of sandwhiches etc and even asked if we wanted to take some home!!!

The service charge is discretionary @ 15% which is higher than usual and they were very polite.
when asked to take it off.

Overall I would recommend anyone to come here even with dietry requirements or restictions ev Vegetarian.

The only con I would say is for a grand hotel - there is no visible sign that this is the Four Seasons (Opposite Intercontinental Park Lane)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We decided to try this restaurant as they had a special offer of a 3 course dinner with a glass of champagne for £29 (+ 15% service charge). Food was out of this world, I had an tomato soup with baby octopus , duck for main and pannacotta for dessert. All delicious. I also had a freshly squeezed carrot/cucumber/ginger juice and few cocktails, all were amazing. The table was a good size (I cannot stand small tables with no space) and the ambiance peaceful. Staff really attentive but not over the top. Really wish I could eat here every night :).

Reviewed 23 July 2014

That was my second visit at Amaranto, and although the menu has changed a bit, it has changed for the better!
The selection is amazing and the ingredients are of top quality!
We were there for brunch this time and I really loved the wide choice of dishes to satisfy every kind of palate!
Discreet but attentive service.
Can't wait to go back!

Travellers who viewed Amaranto Restaurant - Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane also viewed

Been to Amaranto Restaurant - Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane? Share your experiences!