“Well planned and delivered”
Review of Student Tours

Windsor, Bath and Stonehenge Tour from London
Ranked #348 of 727 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Everybody is invited! Students, Tourists and Locals join our tours to discover the UK and Europe in their thousands every year. Our tour guides are professional and knowledgeable of each place we visit - you'll be guaranteed to have a fantastic day out with us! Our coaches are always modern with clean WC's and leather reclining seats. We travel to all the top destinations in the UK and we also provide incredibly good weekends away to Paris and Amsterdam. So why pay more when you'll be amazed at the value when you travel with London Student Tours.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Excellent value for money. I have done 2 of the tours and they have been well planned and delivered with a great tour guide. new coaches and enough time is spent in each place. I definitely recommend it.

1  Thank N R

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My partner & I went to this tour last weekend & we really enjoyed that day. And this was not our first time to travel with Students Tour as we’ have already visited few other places with Students tour during last two years.

While, other companies in London offer this tour package at the rate about £90, we’ve only paid £47 for a full day tour on 1st off June, which I believe it’s really good value for the money.

The coach was almost a brand new, with comfortable seats. When we got to Windsor we had a walking tour by our tour guide (William), which was interesting. We really did not expect the tour to pay for us to visit the Windsor castle- it was clearly been stated in their website that the Windsor Castle entrance is not included in this budget tour- so I do not know why some people complained about it. Then we headed to City of Bath where we had a choice to visit Roman Bath Museum (extra £10.5), and join the walking tour of the city of Bath. Our tour guide was very helpful and he managed the group to make most of their day, and recommending us some good & affordable restaurants for lunch. And finally, we went to superb Stonehenge, which is one of the world heritage sites with over 5000 years history, entrance was included and we benefited from a fast track entry organized by Students Tours in advanced.

Finally we finished our tour at around 7:50 in Hammersmith Station, which is in Zone 2 and good access to major Tube lines in London, including Piccadilly line which you could easily get to central London in about 20 minutes- so I do not get why it takes so much time for some people to travel from Hammersmith station.

I’m surprised with other negative feedbacks about this tour, which I do not quite agree with them.
My advice to them would be to have copy of London tube map in your pocket, so it will not take you so long to travel in and out of London!!!

Overall, we really had a great experience & our tour guide was very knowledgeable, it was a really good value for the money and of course it was not the first time that we were travelling with this company,

It was excellent tour- Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My friend and I took a day long tour of Windor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge with this company and it was terrible. We were picked up at Kings Cross Station early in the morning and headed to Windsor Castle first. Upon arriving, we were told that we weren't allowed in the Castle because "we wouldn't able to see much of it anyways..." This left my friend and I with plenty of time to kill early in the morning when nearly no shops/stores were open. Because of this, the first leg of our trip was pretty disappointing. We then headed to Bath around lunchtime. No lunch was provided and the guide did not recommend any cheap places to eat. After Bath, we got back on the coach and headed to Stonehenge. Although the site was beautiful, my friend and I were left with nearly an hour and half in extra time after taking pictures. We took to sitting on the coach and napping because we were exhausted. If that wasn't enough, the tour guide then told us he would not be dropping us off in the same place as we were picked up. My friend and I were left at a station that took us two hours to get back home. Even though we booked another three day tour with this same company we will NOT be attending that trip (we tried getting a refund...no luck on that account of course). Do not book a tour with this company--you will find yourself bored to tears and exhausted.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My Aunt heard about Student Tours and booked my friend and I who are visiting from out of the country for the Windsor, Bath and Stonehenge tour. We were very excited, seeing as these are all wonderful places. However, the trip was one of the worst experiences I have had in a long time. It started when we reached Windsor. Having paid for a tour, and seeing as Windsor CAN be toured inside, we were shocked and highly disappointed when our tour guide informed us that we could not go inside. This was a rip off, considering we paid to see Windsor, not simply walk around the outside and stare at its stone walls... Furthermore, our tour guide, while he was clearly very knowledgable about everything we saw, greatly lacked in speaking skills, as his talking dragged on and on and was almost painful to listen to. Then we went to Bath and after Bath, we were ready for the tour to be over, but of course, there was still Stonhenge. Stonehenge was good, however, we spent WAY too long there. Yes, it is a wonderful site to visit, but in all honesty there isn't that much to see. After having walked around the rocks and taken pictures from every possible angle, my friend and I were upset to find that we had an hour and fifteen minutes left at the location. We found a table and sat, beyond bored and irritated at this point. Lastly, the tour dropped us off at a location that took us nearly two hours to travel home from. To put in perspective just how bad this tour was, we will not be attending a tour that we have already paid for by this company, even though we spent the money already and cannot be refunded, simply because of just how miserable and awful this first experience was. We are very fair and understanding people, and we would not recommend Student Tours to anyone. Seriously, find something better!

2  Thank Alexandra Z
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Tours taken in late Sept 2013 with tour guide William

This is the most competitively priced guide company - you will save 30-40% off other companies AND get more out of the experience here

William is a great tour guide and is INCREDIBLY knowledgeable. He has researched all his locations thoroughly and provides the back story for every site visited

Made himself available to take photos of the tour members he was showing around. Recommended the good places to eat. Genuinely enjoys what he does

After taking the first tour at Windsor/Bath/Stonehenge, we signed up for a second tour around the East End of London describing the events surrounding Jack the Ripper

Highly recommended