“Clean, Stylish and Friendly”
Review of The Caspian

The Caspian
Ranked #4,048 of 23,562 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Caspian is an authentic Persian restaurant. I was impressed from the cleanness and the atmosphere of the site. Service was very friendly and quick, the food was genuine and well presented. My lady is Persian and she could speak Farsi with the welter which was extremely kind. Great value for money. I will definitely go back there again!

1  Thank Bongustai

Reviewed 12 February 2014

A friend told us about the Caspian Restaurant in South East of London. Based on her recommendation, we visited this place. We were impressed by the lovely decoration and tables arrangement.
We ordered Masst-o-Mooseer, Kashk-e Bademjoon, and Paneer Sabzi for the starter. For the main course, all decided to have Kabab Makhsoos with rice. We loved the starter very much. Unfortunately we found the Kabab was little bit tough and hard to chew. We told the waiter about this matter.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Have been here 3-4 times recently with my 91 year old grandmother and Iranian wife. Food is amazing - my grandmother loves it. Service is great, easy to park etc. One to try locally

1  Thank L0rdFauntler0y
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Pretty much my first Persian restaurant and, from the menu at least, I was assuming something like a Turkish restaurant gone amok - but no. Its true that they have kebabs on the list of main courses but when that list includes sea bass (marinated with dill, thyme etc) its fair to assume that we're not talking your average kebab but something rather more interesting. And the food is particularly good when you stray into the specialities: fesenjan turns out to be chicken slowly cooked with ground walnuts and pomegranate jiuce - its tasty but on the sweet side of the spectrum (though not exactly sweet, its just the walnut/pomegranate ocmbo that does that).
we had the sini mazeh (which I guess is mixed mezze on another menu) which has so far been the end of us every time we've been along - its a plate of home-made humous (honestly - or at least it tastes it), dolmades, two different aubergine based treats and a potato and chicken salad that is just yummy. We have also tried and recomment the paneer sabzi which is rather delicious feta cheese served with herbs and walnuts (and radish and spring onion) which (we were told) you are meant to mix up and pop onto a piece of their big fluffy bread - she promised the tastes would all meld together and they did - I shall ask for that one again!
Top tip though..... and I can see it referred to elsewhere......they don't expect you to be in a hurry, its the sort of place that Iranian families come to eat with kids and can get a bit nursery like very early in the evening all of which contributes to the feeling of relaxation - if you want to be in a rush you will have to tell them, its just not a rush rush place and servings can seem family sized - if its too much they might be able to pack it to take away rather than chuck it out. Oh yes - and the meat kebabs were just right - not fatty or stringy and well marinaded.
I rather assumed that the decor was Persian (though the rather huge and lovely loo has a bold wallpaper that looks Italian). Make a note to visit the loo.

1  Thank purpleboots
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Just spent a lovely evening at The Caspian with my girlfriend and her mum. Amazing food and brilliant service (and considering how busy it was they really didn't need to be as attentive as they were) Will definitely be regulars now we have moved to the area. Very family friendly as well.