“Best Indian food in London!”
Review of Light of India

Light of India
Ranked #2,248 of 23,226 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Situated in the heart of Kensington, The Light of India restaurant is a classy and elegant Indian restaurant established in 1984. The authentic style décor incorporates a classic feel and neutral colours. The Dining Room is beautifully elegant – a place where a traditional setting and delicious Indian food triumph. Our culinary philosophy is deceptively simple. We celebrate the very best of Indian food. The Light of India cuisine is an extraordinary combination of flavours, delicate seasonings, in- house freshly ground spices, marinades, and complex tastes. We use only fresh and locally sourced ingredients. The Light of India is the perfect place for family dining in London, an intimate dinner with your special somebody, or just a meal with friends or colleagues. To fully appreciate the depth and breadth of our unique Northern Indian cuisine, we would encourage you to share dishes with your fellow diners and taste a wide range of contrasting flavours.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

On our recent trip to London I told my husband that we have to go out for Indian food. I found the Light of India as we drove by on our bus tour and thougt it would be a good choice. It did not disappoint! Even my husband, who is not a huge fan of Indian cuisine, said it was the best meal we had in London.

There are newer reviews for Light of India

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had dinner here to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and the food was delicious. We booked through the gourmet society so got 25% off which was great.

Very efficient service (maybe a little too quick to bring the main course straight after the starter) but had a nice atmosphere and good selection of dishes on the menu.

Really good location for Gloucester Road tube station and easy to find.

A good find and would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We haven't been to this restaurant for five years and were very pleased we returned as we had a very nice meal, hot, tasty and very good portions. The staff were friendly and provided good service. We were also very pleased to be offered a free after dinner drink - thankyou.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

While staying in hotel near by my family and I went in. The decor was clean and inviting. The food was tasty and plentiful. After experiencing the price of food in Europe I was pleasantly surprised at the price for three people. Good beer too

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The giant prawn dinner captured my fancy. And with so many great Indian restaurants in London this had to be good! The restaurant is in an upscale area, not a mile from Harrods, and next door to my hotel.

The giant prawns are the size of an index finger chopped off at the first knuckle. My serving was chewy tough, but the Basmati rice was wonderful. This is a dish to be avoided, and maybe that advise should go to the restaurant as well, as the price was 16.90 pounds for the serving.

1  Thank L M