“One is still way too high” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
National Hotel
Ranked #929 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“One is still way too high”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The staff is great, the hotel is horrible, no wifi in the rooms you have to come down to the lobby, no a/c in the rooms, the tv HA even worse, they did a fire drill today and never told anyone above the first floor, I asked for the manager he/ she or whoever is in charge out the hotel. I will never use priceline again for a hotel. I would leave here except I have paid in advance. I'm roughing it, it's bad, it's really bad.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights for a recent convention at Ally Pally.
It was close, I didn't have my stuff stolen from the room, so my experience wasn't terrible.
(You have t leave your hotel key at the desk when you leave, which made me quite uncomfortable)

However, the shower and sink were right next to my bed in my tiny room, the wardrobe door was barely fixed on and the pillowcases/sheets weren't changed (and neither were my tea cups once used) over the weekend (although my bed was made with some of my belongings UNDERNEATH the sheet) The whole place stank of stale cigarettes and just mustyness. Oh, and my door handle was broken and the shower was full of mould.
(my friend also had blatent holes in his wall).

One positive, my friend asked to be put near me in his booking and we got rooms next to each other which was good,

Breakfast was okay, but our table was dirty. The service was very rude (at one point the chef said something in Polish to the waitress about me and they both laughed) but I mean, it did the job.

They offer free WiFi which doesnt work AT ALL, and all the "codes" they give you don't work. Also the "hairdryer" mentioned must be borrowed and returned to the front desk, it's not in your room...

I'm not going to lie, in the last night I was so tired, I caved and peed in the sink.

I'm not the first person to do this, and I'm sure I won't be the last.

I wouldn't stay here again. I've paid a lot less for a lot nicer hotels.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very basic, fine for a cheap overnight accommodation, if you get a bargain less than 60 per night for 2 it's ok but would not rush back! Breakfast held in a room like a student hall, basic chairs tables etc. this is definitely no frills hotel. There are better hotels around if you book early.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor high up away from traffic noise
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank triper2014
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here at the end of last year for a night in between digs.

Clean, safe with a maze-like layout, this was perfectly adequate for one night.

But I asked to be away from the main road and the staff member who checked me in had an English problem and put me on the very noisy Queens Avenue...by the time I heard the traffic I was too tired to complain. Thankfully I'd brought ear plugs.

And the location...my God, the location. I love most of north London and Muswell Hill is a glorious place with many great eateries and amenities. Can't understand why anyone would want to eat here, in all honesty. Doesn't take long to get to Muswell Hill either, just take the 43 bus from London Bridge or Angel, or get the northern line to Highgate and get a bus from there which takes about ten minutes at the most.

No, it isn't a palace - it's a 2* hotel and I think many moany reviewers are asking for too much. It doesn't matter if you pay £40 a night (as I did), or £140 - a 2* hotel is a 2* hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank globalcitizen_1985
Brough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

The facilities are very basic and quite frankly below par on a number of levels (kettle that you had to hold the lid down to make it boil, trickling shower, sewerage coming up from the depths, a hot rap where the whole tap twists). Beds were highly uncomfortable and you are limited to one pillow per person! Full English breakfast consisted of a rasher of bacon, a sausage, an egg and beans. Cereal was bran flakes or cornflakes. Service from staff was hit and miss - one very helpful person to most who were not interested in helping. No lift so had to drag bags up the stairs. Parking was hair-raising due to low, narrow tunnel. On the plus side the location was brilliant. A minute's walk to the bus stop (134 takes you to Highgate underground) and lots of places to eat nearby. So, if you want a basic, cheap dive with parking and access to central London then this is the place for you!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rockett007
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We booked this location as it is on a bus route to where our daughter lives. She doesn't really have room to put us up, so we decided to book somewhere to stay overnight for two nights. It's only two star so we were not expecting five star facilities.

The biggest problem we had was car parking. There are four parking spaces at the front of the hotel reserved for 'large vehicles'. There is a decent sized car park at the rear of the hotel which is reached by driving through a 'tunnel' which has been created by removing a central section of the ground floor of the hotel, from front to rear. We were concerned that we would not be able to get our large car safely through this narrow tunnel, so arrangements were made for us to have a place reserved at the front of the hotel which we took when we arrived. However, on returning later in the evening, we were asked to manoeuvre our car through said tunnel to the rear car park, to accommodate two large vans who were parked in the front. This was, to say the least, a bit of a fiasco, resulting in a scratched wing mirror and considerable stress! Suffice to say the next night we parked at the front of the hotel as arranged.

The room and breakfast were adequate for the price we paid. The shower cubicle was tiny and there was a serious danger of scalding because there was no hot water safety control, or warning signs that the water is extremely hot.

As other reviews have said, this hotel is ok if you just want a basic place to rest your head for a night or two and a bit of breakfast. If you want to park a car, make sure it's no more than average width! There is free roadside parking but there were no spaces!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel are noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family