2,166 results
All reviewscutty sarkdeptford bridgemaritime museumroyal observatorydlr stationsthyme restaurantfamily roommeal dealminute walkgood nights sleeprestaurant staffcomfortable roomexcellent stayclean hotelfollowing morningbudget hotelnight's sleep
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a lovely place to stay. The breakfast is wonderful! The staff and the two managers are so helpful and understanding. I rally enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: Just choose a room and enjoy your stay!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
wimbledonsouth, General Manager at Premier Inn London Greenwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you for your 5 star review of Premier Inn Greenwich and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed recently - had an excellent room, typical Premier Inn experience (i.e. good) - clean, tidy, spacious - on the 6th floor away from the main road, so it was much quieter than we'd expected. Restaurant staff very helpful and friendly, although the hot breakfast buffet was a little tired at 0730. The only let-down was housekeeping who, other than making the beds, did not do much else - bins were not emptied and the towels (which were soaking wet and left in the tub to be replaced) were not replaced - the used ones were simply hung back up on the rail for us to use again. We complained and to be fair, the very helpful lady at the desk did refund 1 night's accommodation costs (which I think was fair recompense) and was very apologetic and said she would talk to housekeeping.
Forget all about bringing a car to this hotel - there is limited parking (about 25 spaces) which is booked up weeks in advance. Local on-street parking is a nightmare (20p for 5 minutes on meters) but there is a car park (pay and display, £2.50/hour) about 15 minutes walk away near Greenwich Police Station. Trouble is, to avoid getting clamped you have to be out of the car park by 0800, so you are resigned to an early start!
Hotel is located about 15 minutes' walk from Greenwich centre - the Novotel and the Ibis are nearer - and about 10 minutes from the DLR station.

Room Tip: Choose one down the sidestreet, away from Greenwich High Road.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CheshireJon

Thank you for your review and your feedback on Premier Inn Greenwich. I was pleased to see that even with the issues you have identifed you still felt we had acheived a 4 start rating, thank you. I have spoken to our Housekeeping manager regarding your concerns and he has asked me to apologise on his behalf, he reassures me he will look into it and make sure we avoid this in the future. I have also spoken to our restaurant manager to ensure that the hot buffet breakfast is refreshed often enough to make sure the products are freshly cooked and appealing. I really appreciate your feedback and hopefully I will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed at the Premier Inn Greenwich, london for two nights. We got off the train at Deptford when we first arrived which was a bit disappointing. However, soon realised that Greenwich station was just as near. Also using the overground train to get in and out of town is much faster than negotiating the Docklands light railway and the tube.

Our stay was very good indeed. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room was great with everything we needed. My two boys were quite happy with everything, especially the 'all you can eat' breakfast (under 15's eat free with a paying adult).

Our room was near the high street and I was constantly disturbed throughout our first night as i could hear people talking outside. I phoned reception but did not receive much satisfaction. In the morning I complained to the receptionist and I was immediately offered a room at the back of the hotel and a refund for that nights stay. I was very impressed at how well my complaint was dealt with. I had a peaceful and undisturbed second night.

The staff were amazing and I would consider staying there again. We left feeling happy.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the street, I stayed in 203 then moved to a much quieter room 230.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank toeatornottoeat

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn Greenwich and for the feedback on your stay. I was pleased to read that you had a good stay and that the team delivered great service. May I apologise for the noise you experienced on your first night, but it was good to read that you were satisfied with our response - at Premier Inn we are passionate about ensuring our guests have a great nights sleep, if it does go wrong we will always try to resolve and offer our Good Night Guarentee. I look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Great hotel, very clean and modern. We've stayed in lots of premier inns but the staff here are above and beyond the best. Each staff member went out of their way to make sure we were happy(Suman and Inga were particularly outstanding in the restaurant). Greenwich is lovely, we were worried about travelling to central London daily but there are lots of options, train, bus and river boat. We travelled by train, tube and bus the first day and was given a book of vouchers at train station so we used one of the vouchers to have 2 for 1 on river boat tickets to travel up the Thames getting on and off whenever we wished.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank WelshDavies

Thank you for your positive review of Premier Inn Greenwich. I was delighted to read that the team delivered great service and that Inga and Suman really stood out for you - I shall ensure they are both recognised and rewarded for their effort. I look forward to welcoming you back to Greenwich on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

We chose to stay here when visiting London for a concert at the O2 Arena.
We have used Premier Inns at Gatwick Airport and always found them to be of perfectly good standard when all you need is a clean functional room providing a bed for the night, not luxury but then you keep the luxury hotels for when its a special occassion.
This was a flying visit, we got to the hotel at 5pm and left for the concert at 6pm, returned afterwards around 11pm, slept then departed after breakfast around 9am so we really just needed a comfy bed, clean room and some peace and quiet to sleep in. And thats exactly what we got!
Room was a good size, spotless, good bathroom with small bath and shower over, nice clean white towels. Plenty of space to hang clothing, hairdryer, make up mirror and the usual tea & coffee facilities.
Check in was either self service or staffed, we were welcomed by a friendly member of staff who noticed I was on crutches and offered to move our room to one nearer the lift so I wouldnt have so far to walk. This wasn't neccessary but was a really nice offer.
All staff we encountered had a smile and a 'hello' for us.

We hadn't booked breakfast and there was a fairly long queue when we arrived at the restaurant next morning however we were seated in just a couple of minutes and had the breakfast explained to us.
Coffee though from a machine was nice and strong (choice of strength available) and plenty of choice of tea available too. Nice selection of cereals and fruits, yoghurts, seeds and berries in addition to self serve cooked items.
It was very busy as it was half term week and some items had run out, no fried eggs, no beans and no staff anywhere to ask how long the replenishments would be.
It appeared there were 2 staff coping in the very busy breakfast room trying to seat people, clear tables and top up breakfast itmes, they did well to keep on top of things as much as they did though.

If we were to be in the area again we would certainly use this Pemier Inn again, you need to pre book parking which we did.
We have just booked our Premier Inn for Gatwick in April before our early morning flight, this chain is miles better than Travellodge who I stayed with last November and were appaling.
The entire product is better value, the staff, the rooms, the food, the environment.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moowliscious

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn Greenwich, it was great to read that we maintained the high standards you expect from Premier Inn. I have passed on your comments regarding our breakfast to the restaurant manager to ensure the next time there is a busy holiday period we have the correct team levels on to ensure we offer the very best service at all times, please accept my aopologies that we did not get it quite right on your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Greenwich.