2,166 results
All reviewscutty sarkdeptford bridgemaritime museumroyal observatorydlr stationsthyme restaurantfamily roommeal dealminute walkgood nights sleeprestaurant staffcomfortable roomexcellent stayclean hotelfollowing morningbudget hotelnight's sleep
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Having already been awake for 38 hours I arrived at the hotel at 9am, which is well before their checkin time. My criticism is that they didn't even look to see if any rooms were empty before they turned me away. The situation was repeated a week later at the Premier Inn Old Street and their first reaction was "you're a bit early but let us see what we can do" - that extra bit of service left a much better impression.

Apart from that disappointing start I actually enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The location is good, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the restaurant offers good value. Extra points to the bar staff who when I complained about a corked wine immediately replaced it with a glass from a new bottle. Even in a budget hotel, or maybe especially, good service matters.

Room Tip: Check your bed - some are genuine doubles and others are two singles pushed together, The join is uncomfortable for one person sleeping in the middle of a bed.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
wimbledonsouth, Manager at Premier Inn London Greenwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn Greenwich. I am sorry to read that you had a dissapointing start. We strive to deliver the highest standards of service to all our guests and try our best to accommodate all request such as early check ins. If no rooms are available we are able to store your luggage or find a comfortable space for you to sit and wait until check in.
I am glad to read that even after a dissapointing start, you still enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your comments to the bar staff for teir outstanding service.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Myself and my wife stayed at this hotel from 10th April to 14th April 2012.
We found the hotel to be well placed within a short walking distance of both the Docklands Light Railway and Mainline Rail Stations with easy access to downtown London via those links.
We were allocated a room on the top (6th) floor which was clean and spacious with a somewhat restricted view. The windows in the room remained locked all during our stay. This is the hotel policy as the hotel is airconditioned. So don't expect to be able to get a breath of fresh air from your room window!!! We found the air conditioning to be very hot on our first night so we turned it off for the rest of our stay . We would have liked to have been able to open a window in our room at nights.
The bathroom was nice with easy to use shower and plenty of towels but I found the hotel soap, which issued from the soap dispenser and was supposed to be '' Hair and body Soap'' , to be rather harsh.
The room came with breakfast included. The buffet breakfast was very nice and sufficient .
There were two lifts in the hotel but one was out of order all during our stay. Having said that we never had to wait very long for the one working lift to arrive.
We found a very nice wine bar situated on the way from the Hotel to the railway station called Davys Wine Vaults which served an unusual own brand of beer allong with lovely wines and good food.
All in all this hotel is good value for money in London

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lobo177

Thank you for your positive review of Premier Inn Greenwich. You will be pleased to know that our lifts are now back up and running. As you mentioned we do have a policy that our windows remained locked due to the air-conditioning system, however we are able to open your windows on request. Please remember that Premier Inn offer a 24 hour reception desk and someone is always available to help.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Having stayed here before & gave it a good review I had said that Ihad booked to stay again in April.
I was interested to see if it would have maintained the high standards. I am pleased to say that it has. The staff were brilliant even though the hotel was fully booked due to Easter. Of special note was the barman Sam who remembered me from our previous stay. His friendly attitude & good service skills made us feel welcome.
Breakfast has to be one of the best in London & I stay at 5 star establishments on business.
The only 2 faults on this visit was a) Only 1 lift working during such a busy period
b) Windows are now permantely locked & prefer to have the ability to have fresh air plus it makes me slightly claustrophobic.
But once again a great stay & I will be booking again. Credit to all the staff for doing their jobs so well.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank jad211958

Thank you for your positive review of Pemier Inn Greenwich. It was great to read the team delivered a high level of service - I shall ensure Sam is recognised for the great service he provided to you. You will be pleased to know that the lifts are now in working order. As the hotel is fully air-conditioned we have closed all the windows to ensure a well regulated temperature throughout the building. You can however request for your window to be opened if required.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

We have stayed at many Premier Inns over the years but to be honest this one was special in that the place was spotless, the staff were both freindly and professional and couldn't be more helpful. Good location within easy reach of the city and Greenwich in itself is a lovely place to wander around with a village feel but lots of places to see

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank David G

Thank you very much for your review of Premier Inn Greenwich. It was great to read that you had a great stay with us and that the team delivered wonderful hospitality. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

This hotel is in a good position not far from DLR and on arrival we were greeted by a very happy receptionist,which was nice.Our room was nice and clean and had plenty of room for my wife and I and our two grandkids.Dinner in the evening was going well until we ordered three deserts ,two of which were children's and we had to wait nearly 40 minutes for them.We were told that only two people were in kitchen and other diners needed their main courses before we could have our deserts,which we were not pleased about as we had two tired kids.Apart from that it was a good stay and I would recommend the Premier inn Greenwich.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank budgieIpswich
wimbledonsouth, Manager at Premier Inn London Greenwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for your positive review of Premier Inn Greenwich. I am glad you found our location to be convinient and your room to be of a comfortable size. I must however apologise for the problem with the desserts. We strive to deliver a high standard of service and waiting 40 minutes for a dessert is not acceptable. Please contact me when you plan your next visit to London as i would like to invite you and your family for complimentary desserts.