“Excellent Service and great food”

Premier Inn London Greenwich Hotel
Ranked #141 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Great food and the best service we have had in London. I would recommend this resturant to anyone with a good range of meals on the menu to suit any tastes.Thanks to Shelley for the best customer service and we hope to come back soon.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,951)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have staying in quite a few Premier Inns but this one is our favourite. This was our third time here. As always, we received a very friendly greeting from Sam, one of the duty managers, and we were very well looked after by all the rest of the staff. Customer Service is something that Premier Inn really excel at.

This time, we were in London for a concert at the O2. Linda on reception told us the best way to get to and from the venue.

Although the hotel is on a fairly busy road, we were not disturbed by any traffic noise. Unfortunately, our third night's sleep was disturbed by other guests banging doors at various times during the night, but there was no quibble from reception and we were given a refund for the night under the Good Night guarantee.

The breakfasts are another plus point. Although the hotel seemed busy, the staff worked hard to keep everything replenished.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Firstly there is limited parking at this hotel. To be fair it does say this on the web page but right at the bottom included in the directions. Don't know about you but I don't read the directions when I book but rely on SatNav and the Postcode sent by text. As such after driving 200 miles to be greeted with no parking and a 'You should have booked' didn't set the scene for a good night. Parking is available at the Ibis, which is only £79 per night and has a Café Rouge attached, for £12 and is a good 15 minutes away.
The hotel itself is new and of the usual high PI spec, decent sized room, bath, comfy bed and somewhere to work - great. However the restaurant (a Thyme) was pretty poor. From having to wait an age to be seated to then it taking even longer to take my order it was a pretty poor show. at least the wine was OK and reasonably priced for a Hotel Chateauneuf de Pape. I ordered the Sirloin with green beans and chips. When it eventually came I was informed by the unsmiling waitress that they had run out of normal chips and so had given me the triple cooked chips at no extra charge. Well Love, thanks for telling me 'cos if you hadn't I'd never have noticed. They'd also apparently run out of green beans too as I got peas with my meal instead. Grudging apologies were muttered when this was pointed out. The steak had more gristle than I can ever remember a Sirloin having anywhere else. On paying there was an issue with the card machines so i paid in cash. I was due 61p in change and this came as 12 fivepence pieces and a 1p. Now it isn't for me to say that this was the old trick of giving the change as a lot of shrapnel so that the Customer can't be bothered and leaves it for a tip (given the crap service it would be the only way she'd get one) but Common Sense would suggest that people wouldn't want all that change and it should be exchanged at the bar before going back to the Customer. Poor Manners and Poor Service and to cap it all nobody could connect to the Wi-Fi even if they'd bought a voucher. Next time it's the Ibis for me

Room Tip: There's a railway and a river at the back of the hotel so there can be some noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Greenwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We returned here for a family party having previously stayed during the Olympics. Excellently placed for transport, we flew in to London Southend, took the train to Stratford and then the DLR. Staff were friendly and helpful, both rooms were clean and fresh smelling and the breakfast was excellent. The hotel was fully booked but it did not feel overstretched.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night stay in Greenwich. I have to say that this is by far the best premier inn we have ever stayed in, the staff were friendly, helpful and nothing was ton much trouble. Breakfast was good with a great choice but my only criticism would be the evening meals are slow in arriving and even though the restaurant was fairly quiet they messed our order & bill up but we could deal with that as everything else was spot on :-)

1  Thank MrsLegg
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed there for two nights. The hotel is very clean and modern. Our room was lovely and warm. We prebooked their meal deal for each night, however it took the useless staff some 2.5 hours to serve two out of the three courses we paid for. I ended up complaining and got a refund. We didn't bother having breakfast or any other meal in the restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoltonMichael
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very good hotel to stay with your family. WiFi had some problems despite the high price paid for it. Room had water boiler, some tea, coffee, sugar, but no refrigerator. Breakfast was nice, but my wife wasn't satisfied with the dinner.