“Fanastic value for money”

Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #228 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stayed here for one night only recently whilst using up a voucher for the London Eye. Usually stay in Convent Garden or Mayfair but decided to try somewhere new. Found this hotel on lastminute.com and paid a very reasonable £100 for a double room without breakfast. Hotel is a short walk from the tube and is close to Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. There are also lots of bars and restaurants around the corner to eat at. We didn't try the hotel restaurant though. As this hotel is new, everything is completely spotless and fresh faced. The bed was enormous and extremely comfortable. Slept like a log as could hear no noise from the corridor, also the curtains don't let a single beam of light in! Good selection of channels on the TV although the movies were very outdated. The bathroom was fantastic with a very powerful shower. We had a look at the gym and spa facilities and were impressed with the gym as these are normally tiny, but this was a good size, the pool was also 25m long which was also big for a hotel. Staff were friendly and informative. For the price, I was very impressed. My only improvement would be to have bath robes available in the rooms, which I was surprised not to find as there were spa / steam room / sauna facilities. Really great hotel, would definitely return if in the area.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 12th floor which gave lovely views across the city
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,772)

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Very nice hotel in a great location particularly for the Tower of London and Tower Bridge but within a short taxi ride of central attractions. The rooms are very comfortable, nicely presented and are a nice size. As some other reviewer's have pointed out breakfast is somewhat disappointing and if not included with your room I wouldn't bother. The hotel was full on the Saturday of the Jubilee weekend and they really struggled with the amount of people wanting breakfast - despite being a large dining room there were queues and the staff were struggling to keep up. Service otherwise was very good, we asked to change rooms and this was done without any

Room Tip: would suggest the central block rather than rooms in the two towers which are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We were only staying in London for one night to go to the theatre. We decided to get a hotel that was easy to reach by tube and was next to a tourist attraction so we could spend a few hours there on the Sunday before heading home. In this respect the hotel was excellent - Aldgate is a 2 minute walk away, and the Tower of London is a 5 min walk in the other direction.

We booked the hotel on a spa deal which included one hour treatment, glass of champagne and B&B. The spa treatment was excellent - both my friend and I were very impressed as we often go on spa days together and sometimes the treatments aren't as good as you'd hoped. This one was excellent and I'd definitely recommend. Our room was great, it was spacious with a view (if you looked to the left) of Tower Bridge. My only complaint about the deal was that a few days before arriving we noticed they were offering the same deal for £50 cheaper online so we called the hotel to ask to switch us to that offer. They stated we would need to cancel online, rebook online, then phone the spa. We were a bit grumpy but said we would - but within an hour the cheaper deal had gone from the website.

Probably the one thing the hotel does need to work on is the level of service. It is clearly a busy hotel, but then I expect they are in competition with other hotels in London which are equally busy. Staff are clearly working hard, but there does not seem to be a strategy to get things done, so everyone ends up running about. We ended up having to speak to 3 people in the bar to get someone to just open the bottle of wine we'd ordered. If I'd had a corkscrew I'd have done it myself!

Breakfast on the Sunday was pretty much a shambles. People queue to be seated (from the dinning room to the reception desks!), but then those that are on Room Only have to pay at this point, not at check out, which seemed odd. The breakfast had lots on offer, but was not that great quality, and you had to queue for nearly everything. Normally in a hotel of this quality you'd expect to be brought a pot of tea or coffee, rather than waiting in line to get a brew. The cooked breakfast didn't seem to be of a higher quality than a much cheaper hotel. My suggestion would be to book room only, save the £20 you'll be charged and pop to one of the places in the street to sit down and be served breakfast for £6 (there is a cafe in the Church opposite, or a fairly decent looking Wetherspoons next door). Finally check-out is at 11am, which seems earlier than most hotels.

Overall I'd stay here again, definitely use the spa, but would miss out the overpriced and average breakfast. If they can get some supervisers or managers to coral the staff so that there seems to be purpose to the service all the bettter. This is one time where I'd have liked to have given a 3.5 rating.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The top benefit of this Hotel is its great location just a few minute’s walk to Tower Bridge and the Tower of London
The staff are friendly and the rooms are chic, stylish with extremely comfortable beds and picture windows

Room Tip: Tip- Book without breakfast (£20 per head) and go just three buildings to the right for a £3.99 Brea...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2012

This is a great, very new hotel in the city center of London. Now granted, it's on the Eastern side of the city, but easily accessible to the sights and city center by metro, or cab.

The hotel has friendly staff and lots of modern amenities. I really liked the glass doors on the elevator too...it was cool to see everything at work.

The rooms are huge, their lead in category is a superior. King size beds, or two doubles, small love seat, coffee table, chairs, and a large desk with power adapters built in. The bathroom is nice in size too, with a basin sink and separate stand up shower and bathtub. It took me a few minutes to figure out the shower, but then I felt like an idiot, since there is a picture next to each dial to show you what shower head/jets they control. You also need to make sure you close the shower doors just right, or you will get water all over the floor.

The A/C is a little on the low side for me, but to each his own, I guess. The only thing I would maybe suggest is that the staff let you know how to use the power in the room and open the doors. Maybe it's just me, but I'm used to sliding the card in to the door lock...these you just waive in front of it. There is also a small slot next to the door that yo are supposed to put your card in which turns to power on. If you don't, nothing works. I felt like such a moron running around turning all the light switches on and off with no results, until one of my travel companions called down to the front desk.

The food was very good. I will admit the group I was with had the Continental breakfast included in our package, but most of us ended up getting the English without paying the upgrade of 5 pounds, because when we asked the staff what was what they just kind of looked at us and said yes, that's it. So we got more than we paid for...oops! I think this was partly because much of the staff was from Eastern Europe and there was a slight language barrier, but they were very nice none the less and as stated the food was very good.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for people who want modern amenities, space, and a nice atmosphere that don't mind being further East of the city center....although the Tower of London and Tower Bridge are maybe 5 minutes by foot at most, right down the street.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SaraJohn81
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and found the hotel to be fantastic. The room was well apoointed and the shower was to die for. Superb pool and leisure facilities. We were also astounded that the hotel was so quiet at night which allowed for a good night's sleep. Worth everty penny.

Room Tip: This is a new hotel so I would imagine all rooms will be equally good.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Great location for meetings in the city or docklands. Good option for weekend stay as great value deals available. Hotel is pretty much new. Rooms are impeccable.

Spa/pool is excellent. Service very good (except concierge who was not the best).

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view on the shard or gherkin.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business