“Friendly Staff, Lovely Room, Excellent Location.”

Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #226 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This hotel is for people who are looking for a place to rest their heads at the end of a busyday in London. I stayed in The Grange following a busy day shopping. I was heading out for food in the evening bu it wasnt going to be a late one and the hotel was really noisey! If i had stayed out until 2am ish and then headed back to the room to crash this would have been perfect but if you are really looking for a quiet hide away from some R&R this is probably not for you. Having said that I stayed the first weekend in December so it may just have been the time of year. The room was facing over a courtyard (i was on the 6th floor) so there was alot of echo (something to keep in mind when booking - stay away from the courtyard!).
The hotel was stunning, the room was immaculate and the staff very friendly. I cannot fault the room or the staff or the facilities.
I would go back to The Grange if it was for a place to crash but for the price I there are better places for this purpose.
The hotel is a stones throw from London Bridge tube station, about 20 minutes and your on Oxford Street. Excellent location.

Room Tip: Try to book a room away from the court yard. if you are on the courtyard side ask for a room on one...

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Firstly would like to say this hotel did not fail to impress the first time I stayed there with my partner at the end of August.. We had an upgraded room with sweeping views over London .. And despite us not taking time to try the gym and pool we decided to definitely return on another occasion.
However it was sad that on this occasion when the hotel was only booked for one night - despite being given a room upgrade that was much appreciated - our room on the 14th floor was freezing cold and no possibility to put the heating on throughout the night ...
In the end I slept with two quilts and a tee-shirt over my nightie which was not really acceptable for a new five star hotel.
Although the heating issue was reported - a guy did come and said the heating would come on in five minutes after he adjusted the dials we had already tried - and unfortunately his efforts were also useless.
My partner was questioned by security when I went down to check something and he waited by the lift. Although I feel it is good to have security visible - this treatment of guests by security personnel was over the top and unacceptable. My partner had left his key in the room when we went out and I had the other room key.
Strangely we had been to eat at a different Grange hotel nearby,
Although never crossed our minds that we would encounter problem returning to our room after dinner from outside. Strangely the security did not approach us after entering the hotel.. Only when I left my partner near the lift when I went down looking for newspapers...
The hotel does have a great spa are with good pool steam room and sauna as well as jacuuzi and foot spa in the pool area - there is also a good gym and equipment.
However the whole experience of our one night stay for me was destroyed by two items disappearing from my overnight case left in the care of the concierge after checkout.
Regretfully there were no locks on the case or bag and the hotel has made no effort to locate these missing items or even apologise for the room not having any heat that resulted in me getting a cold... My partner left as he could not stay in a freezing cold room....
Our night stay at the Grange Tower hotel was a disaster.
And the customer relations were official and did not apologise for what had happened after their investigation.
The Grange Tower hotel is also some distance from the Tower of London which is misleading... and there are no views of the Tower or the bridge from the hotel.
Definitely do not leave anything in safe keeping without a lock on...
The hotel has no interest to take responsibility for lost items that are left in their care.
There is too much security at night ...
These guys hang around with nothing to do - although seem to disappear throughout the daylight hours.
I was disappointed that two items disappeared from my case left in safe keeping and also no apology given about the treatment form security staff and also the room that had no heating.

Room Tip: We were put on the 14th floor which was the highest floor with a great view. However there was no h...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Raji_GH, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

We are delighted that you have referred to your visits to Grange Hotels and its outlets as “amazing… fantastic… very good… really good and sympathetic with your own mother’s medical issues”.

The Company is continuing to monitor the matters you raised and thanks you for your drawing attention to them.

We regret that after having checked cctv footage we have been unable to locate the tights and top which you initially reported as “taken” from your luggage. After the hotel’s security personnel reviewed the cctv footage we responded to you detailing the facts relating to your luggage (including the fact that you extracted items from it after having deposited it) and it was only then that you reported you may have left those items in the room “my top and tights did disappear from the case or were left in the room…” 12th December 2013 01.49.58. Whilst we know that you did extract items from your luggage at 13.23 and 15.57 we cannot be sure what you took from it nor indeed what was in it in the first place.

You are assured however that the automatic key lock readings on your door and the cctv evidence does give absolute clarity on matters of security.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

What can you say about London or in fact any major city hotel that's not already been said a thousand times.

This hotel like all of the Grange hotels I've stayed in is very well put together and then melds into every other hotel in the world at this level and designed in this way.

The rooms are very nice as are the bathrooms. There were however issues that I think should be addressed. The food (not 5 star and lucky to achieve 3 star if I'm honest). The breakfast was ok at best and the buffet lunches served were not as good as you'd find in a Harvester/Beefeater establishment. There was no fresh air in the hotel and the signage to the rooms was in my opion inadequate.

All in all, I'll probably stay again but would doubt I'd have it as a choice to take my partner or family. Simply not a 5 star hotel by any imagination.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank iron0710
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed the night at this hotel for an event, the room was comfortable but not exceptional! Room service prices were very reasonable with a good selection, and breakfast was excellent.

The shower was amazing!!! Prices are standard for a 5 star in London, and there are some great views from higher levels (we were on floor 9). The location is good for Tower of London etc

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The rooms are quiet, comfortable, and well furnished. Bathroom features include unusually generous shelf space, extra deep soaking tubs, and showers with three sets of nozzles. The doorman, the staff at reception and in the lounge are extremely good, The quality of services provided by the concierge desk is outstanding. The hotel is located a few blocks from the Tower underground station and the bus station. A taxi to the London Eye observation wheel at night cost less than 15 pounds. There are modern and classical English pubs located within a block if you want to go out to eat. Early one morning, we were picked up for a tour before the breakfast buffet opened. The hotel provided options of having breakfast served in our rooms or being served downstairs in the lounge as early as 6 AM so we would not have to start the day hungry.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on a city break, initials thoughts were brilliant we were met at the door by conceige who was welcoming, took our cases from us. We were dealt with promptly and very friendly by the hotel reception and our room was upraded. Luggage arrived literally 1min after we got to our room. The room was big, very spacious, very clean, nice and modern. We went out for the evening and returned to find the curtains drawn the duvet turned and chocolates on the pillow, nice little touches which mean something. The leisure facities are brilliant, very clean, all looked very new and recently done to me.
We didnt eat breakfast at the hotel as call me old fashioned I cant justify £20 for a breakfast so there is a great Wetherspoons across the road which was ideal for breakfast.
Overall fantastic hotel, great staff, great locaiton - we will be back.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Really nice rooms, very modern and new. Absolutely one of the betters places in the area. Food is ok, professionaly friendly staff. Clean rooms, close to the river, been here for work. But would do a vacation as welly. Great breakfastk close to,the underground. Ansolitelybgrezt. Higher price rznge

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo