“An enjoyable stay in London” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grange Tower Bridge Hotel

Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #211 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Scotland
“An enjoyable stay in London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I recently stayed for an overnight here to attend an event in London. The hotel was very comfortable. We had an executive twin room on the 14th floor from which we had a view of the Gherkin and the Shard. The room had everything you would need and was nicely furnished.

All the staff we had contact with were very pleasant and helpful from the guest relations people who replied to an email and the reception and restaurant staff. There was a good selection at breakfast and the restaurant was light and pleasant.

The location was very good for the event at Old Billingsgate. It was also easy to reach from Gatwick using the direct train to London Bridge station. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Edingirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Washington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel is in a good location and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was an exec twin and was on the 12th floor so we had a fab view . We had 2 queen beds and an amazing bathroom. The British weather was typical : sunshine and showers and the hotel even let me borrow an umbrella ! We had room service breakfast and it was really hearty.

Room Tip: 1209 gave a great view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracey S
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was expecting a lot when I visited this hotel, and it was good but not excellent. I went here for a formal dinner, but didn't stay over. Very modern and clean but I was left with a distinct feeling I wanted better. . Bit better food, bit better service. We had beef and it was dry and overdone (I left most of it). The strawberries for dessert were hard and tasteless, and when I mentioned it to the waiter he gave a slight shrug and carried on as if nothing had happened... Not hugely impressed.... and I should have been!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dusty428
Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

My boyfriend and I spent one night at this hotel on November 29th. We got a last minute deal on the room which was very good value. I emailed the hotel a couple of weeks prior to our visit to request a room with a view as we were celebrating a birthday and I also requested an early check in as our flight arrived in the morning. I did not receive a replay however when we arrived there was no issue checking in and our bags were brought to our room. The room itself was very well appointed, king size bed, nice bathroom, well stocked minibar etc. We did manage to get a decent view also from our window and could see the top of tower bridge. The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the nearest tube station and there are several restaurants and bars in the area. After we checked in we headed to the city centre for some shopping and on our return the staff had left a slice of birthday cake for us in the room which I thought was a lovely touch. That night we ordered room service which was absolutely delicious and reasonably priced. We would definitely return to stay here again but perhaps on a long weekend as it did take quite a bit of time to get from the hotel to the main shopping areas and also to Heathrow airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
De Pinte, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in a standard room on the third floor. The room was amazing, large bed, lots of pillows, a couch to sit on, plenty of room to store clothes and so on. Fabulous bathroom with a great shower (rain shower + jets) and a nice bath. Only thing noted for the bathroom is that one button in the shower for using one of the jets was not working correctly). No problems with water leaking or anything. Big shower also (2 persons can fit in which is fun ). The only thing you also need to look out for is the fact that the mini-bar uses an automatic billing system (clearly states is) meaning if you put something you bought into the fridge yourself and you move something it will be charged to your room.

Staff was very friendly and professional. Check-in went smooth, 100 pound deposit was required. Our room price included continental breakfast. It was good, fresh croissants, other bakery things and cheeses and cold meats to choose from next to a variety of cereals. Maybe offer a larger selection of fresh fruit and yoghurt in the future? Full english breakfast looked delicious but a bit pricy.

We tried out the health club, full lenght swimming pool, whirl pool and something that creates bubbles for your feet. Very nice and clean. Changing area and towels are on location. At the reception you can ask for bath robes and they bring it very quickly up to your room.

All in all a very good, clean hotel with a friendly staff. The first thing my girlfriend said when leaving the hotel to go back to Belgium, and I agree, is that when we come back to London and we can get a simular price we will be using the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

The 5* rating I've given this hotel is a 'tripadvisor 5*' and does not suggest that I think it is on par with The Dorchester etc.

I originally stayed at this hotel as part of a www.lastminute.com 'Top Secret' hotel deal (cost £109). The hotel is fairly new and I was impressed with the modern and spacious room. I have subsequently stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and would do so again in the future.

I have booked each subsequent stay direct with the hotel (they do not match www.lastminute.com on price but they will include breakfast if you book direct).

The hotel is located near to Tower Bridge which is a good location but consider where you are going to be spending most of your time during your stay in London. If you intend to spend a significant part of your time in West London then this hotel may not be ideal for you as it takes approx. 30 mins on the tube to get between the two locations.

Room Tip: Request a view of the Shard
Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed one night. Was welcomed and my suitcases seen to. Got last minute deal - the price was around £100 which included the spa. I had come to use the health spa itself, which was free with a room. I was pleased to find there was a cheeky Xmas deal on treatments ... Facial and massage for £60. And It was AMAZING! I loved the treatments. The service was great & I'd love to go again!! The only person who madsages better is my sister and my mum!

The bars were nice, and the ppl were friendly. My only disappointment was the room - it was in first floor over the subway and I felt I needed the blinds shut at all times as people could see into my room. I had a long relaxing bath with the free toiletries which were amazing and was left to unwind with the blinds down which wasn't so bad.

• Stayed December 2013