“Excellent Stay - Fully Recommend”

Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #211 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay - Fully Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I don't usually write reviews but I felt this hotel deserved a 5* review... The staff couldn't have been more helpful & polite - the customer service was excellent - we received a free room upgrade which was a pleasant surprise considering I felt the hotel was a bargain anyway - the breakfast was the best buffet style breakfast I have had in a long time & the overall décor of the hotel was very nice and modern... I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 182Becky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Room was ok
Mini bar was well overpriced
Was awoken by a fire alarm twice and no one explained that it was a false alarm until we went to reception where the manager refused any discount on the room service/ minibar bill and just gave us an insincere apology

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alex G
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was a really great hotel very nice staff and the bar was great too. They had a good selection of whiskies so I was very happy. The rooms were big and the location was great it had quite a few tube stops nearby. I didn’t eat at the hotel but there were so many restaurants within a couple of minutes walk away. The area of London seemed nice to very lively not too quite I felt safe. I would definitely stay again the price was great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LloydTranquil
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I recently stayed for an overnight here to attend an event in London. The hotel was very comfortable. We had an executive twin room on the 14th floor from which we had a view of the Gherkin and the Shard. The room had everything you would need and was nicely furnished.

All the staff we had contact with were very pleasant and helpful from the guest relations people who replied to an email and the reception and restaurant staff. There was a good selection at breakfast and the restaurant was light and pleasant.

The location was very good for the event at Old Billingsgate. It was also easy to reach from Gatwick using the direct train to London Bridge station. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Edingirl
Washington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel is in a good location and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was an exec twin and was on the 12th floor so we had a fab view . We had 2 queen beds and an amazing bathroom. The British weather was typical : sunshine and showers and the hotel even let me borrow an umbrella ! We had room service breakfast and it was really hearty.

Room Tip: 1209 gave a great view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracey S
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was expecting a lot when I visited this hotel, and it was good but not excellent. I went here for a formal dinner, but didn't stay over. Very modern and clean but I was left with a distinct feeling I wanted better. . Bit better food, bit better service. We had beef and it was dry and overdone (I left most of it). The strawberries for dessert were hard and tasteless, and when I mentioned it to the waiter he gave a slight shrug and carried on as if nothing had happened... Not hugely impressed.... and I should have been!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dusty428
Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

My boyfriend and I spent one night at this hotel on November 29th. We got a last minute deal on the room which was very good value. I emailed the hotel a couple of weeks prior to our visit to request a room with a view as we were celebrating a birthday and I also requested an early check in as our flight arrived in the morning. I did not receive a replay however when we arrived there was no issue checking in and our bags were brought to our room. The room itself was very well appointed, king size bed, nice bathroom, well stocked minibar etc. We did manage to get a decent view also from our window and could see the top of tower bridge. The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the nearest tube station and there are several restaurants and bars in the area. After we checked in we headed to the city centre for some shopping and on our return the staff had left a slice of birthday cake for us in the room which I thought was a lovely touch. That night we ordered room service which was absolutely delicious and reasonably priced. We would definitely return to stay here again but perhaps on a long weekend as it did take quite a bit of time to get from the hotel to the main shopping areas and also to Heathrow airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple