“Discomfort”

Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #227 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Generally ok. I am yet to see any member of staff smile or be at all welcoming, very cold service. I am always a very good tipper but I begrudge going anywhere that service charge is forced upon me. Apart from those little niggles as I say, it's ok.

I am writing this at 5am because this hotel was not built for comfort!! When we got back here the room was freezing and with only a very thin sheet it's safe to say not enjoyable. What kind of hotel has a thin sheet and no extras anywhere? My partner and I tried to snuggle together to warm up although there is a gap in the middle of the bed that is hard to get comfortable on. I can only guess it's beds pushed together poorly. I woke up at 3am which is when I'm guessing the hotel is blasted with its token heating, the room was now to hot. This is made worse by the cheep memory foam toppers that radiate heat back at you. I put on the air con for a while and now my eyes and throat are so dry I can't sleep. Generally this bed is the least comfortable bed I have ever had the displeasure of sleeping on.

I had a lot planned for a lovely day in London in a few hours. I will now just go home instead as I've had no sleep!

Great weekend!

(Apologies for poor grammar spelling but it is 5am)

• Stayed: February 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (3,771)

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my girlfriend from the 1st-3rd Feb. As the title states from a 5 star hotel our experience was what you would expect. The staff were polite and welcoming, the hotel was very clean and the room was nicely furnished. We were in room 916 and had a brilliant view towards tower bridge the beds were comfy and the shower was brilliant (apart from the small gap where the water escaped out onto the floor) we didn't eat at the hotel as we were trying to keep costs at a minimum. We would both return again as we enjoyed a pleasurable stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James1992
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel is a real sanctuary. Polite, friendly staff who are attentive enough but don't smother you. A fabulous leisure suite and a great room with excellent views (we were on 14th floor). I slept so well at this hotel and I don't normally sleep well at hotels. Only down side was that the hot food served at breakfast wasn't hot. We stuck to the cold items most mornings.

Room Tip: Aim high for a great view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed here last month and were pleasantly surprised. Not too far from Tower Bridge underground. We were greeted by a porter who took our bags. The hotel is very modern and clean. The rooms are well appointed, comfy beds with nice bed linen. The bathroom definitely had the wow factor with a walk in wet room as well as a bath. Disappointed with the towels though, as I expected better quality.

We had a drink in the bar in the evening and it felt a bit like we were on a train station, no atmosphere and uncomfortable surroundings.

The breakfast was buffet style, which I don't particularly like, those toast machines are a pain as you have to put the bread in twice to get any sort of colour. We stayed on a Saturday morning, and arrived for breakfast at 10am, it finishes at 10.30am. There wasn't an awful lot left, and when we asked for black pudding it arrived after we had finished, very annoying. On the whole though, the service from the front of house staff was good,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2014

excellent stay couldnt fault anything .
All the staff very friendly understandable and courteous
Room immaculate very quiet and comfortable
upgraded our room on arrival dont know why - didnt mind
checked in early no problem
superb

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We are a belgian architectural company and made a study trip to London from 23 till 25.01.14.
We booked the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel for our team of almost 50. We were charged a very fair price and upon arrival most rooms were upgraded. Check in took us barely 15 minutes thanks to the efficiency of Julita and her team. Rooms and breakfast were perfect and all our needs were answered immediately and with a smile. On our departure day the concierge team organised to have our luggage brought to St Pancras.
I think every single one of our team had a great stay and were full of praise about the hotel and its services. I will be very difficult to match this standard when organising future trips.
I want to say big thanks especially to Julita and Marcin ! You made our day(s) !

Marina (in name of 49 very satisfied colleagues)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I just booked this hotel because it had a good deal and I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very nice and we got checked in very quickly and efficiently. The view from my room had a view of the Tower of London and the Tower Bridge and also the modern city of London. The breakfast was very good except it was expensive.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business