Extremely disappointed with the experience last week when my group of 22 checked in at around 10:45pm on Monday night.
- Poorly designed stairs at the front door where we would have expected some help with our bags upon check in, it's very disappointing that the staff were hanging around and just watching our tiring group dragging the suitcases into the lobby. (No intention to offer help at all)
- Obviously no Group check-in procedure and the front desk staff were not prepared. (e.g. keys not ready, rooms not allocated and just like they weren't expecting our arrival at all!!!) The staff didn't even have a arrival guest list on hand and didn't have common sense to search the names by the Group when some names (they claimed) couldn't be found.
- It took an hour to get the room keys due to inexperience staff and no help from others. Even we raised our concerns, the other two staff (one of them looks like a manager) still didn't help the juniors to speed up the check in process. They were just chatting at the side and didn't even care their hotel guests are horribly tired.
Everyone of us were exhausted and dying to get the room key at that time, I've never had such experience in any of the 4 or 5 Star hotels.
- While waiting for the room keys, I was trying to take some photos at hotel lobby but got told that's not allowed. (This is the only thing the manager looking person was doing, nothing else!!!)
Hotel guest is not allowed to take photos in lobby?? What a joke....What a 5 Star attitude!!!
- The shower door is poorly designed. It couldn't be closed properly. Water leaking out each time during shower.
It's the first time my family and I stayed at this hotel, this is definitely not the experience I wanted. With such level of service standard, I'm not convinced to pay the same rate again to stay in this hotel. It's definitely NOT worth it!!!
Stayed end of May 2014
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Launched in June 2011, the brand new Grange Tower Bridge Hotel redefines luxury accommodation and events facilities within the famous Tower Bridge district. Signature facilities include an expansive Conference and Events Centre, together with a luxurious Wellness Centre offering an extensive range of beauty and holistic treatments. The Grange Tower Bridge incorporates renewable solar and photovoltaic panels, and has an on-site borehole to reduce water consumption – making it one of the most energy-efficient hotels to open in recent years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grange Tower Bridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.